Seaplane Training question round 2

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Small snag in training. Buddy I was going with to Browns backed out for financial reasons. Also, it turns out there is no reciprocity between FAA and Transport Canada for seaplane ratings. So it would do me well to take seaplane training in the US and then immediately take and hour of Canadian instruction and then the Canadian check ride.

With that said, it seems Seattle and then to Vancouver/Victoria BC for the Canadian portion. Suggestions for schools?

Thanks in advance.

I'd try to work something out with Kenmore Air Harbor. They instruct and also fly to Vancouver/Victoria every day. Maybe they would work with you on transport to BC and back.

If it were me, and I know nothing about the BC schools, I'd much rather fly out of Victoria than Vancouver. Is there a school there? Probably.

Kenmore Air Harbor. 425 HU6-1257

They've had that Hudson phone number for 7 decades.

I'd try to work something out with Kenmore Air Harbor. They instruct and also fly to Vancouver/Victoria every day. Maybe they would work with you on transport to BC and back.

If it were me, and I know nothing about the BC schools, I'd much rather fly out of Victoria than Vancouver. Is there a school there? Probably.

Kenmore Air Harbor. 425 HU6-1257

They've had that Hudson phone number for 7 decades.

I actually called them yesterday and left a message. Have you trained/ or know of someone who has trained with them? I have relatives in Vancouver and my fiancée wants to spend time there and to see friends in Seattle rather than Victoria for a length of time.

Thanks for your response!

I trained with them. But that was in 1965.

However, you can go wrong with them Very professional.

Back