Screen Source?

dmccormack

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dan Mc
The air intake on my Stromberg Carb is covered with a piece of good old fashioned heavy duty steel screen (as used to be found on back doors everywhere).

The problem is -- finding this stuff is nigh impossible. It's either the paper thin aluminum stuff at Maxi Mart or chicken wire or fiberglas "screen."

I traversed 6 (six) hardware and builder supply stores Saturday morning. I finally settled on a two layer offset of "hardware cloth" which will do for now (according to my IA), but I'd like the cleaner look of screen.

So -- where can i find good old fashioned heavy duty screen?

(About 1/8" in interior square each hole)

For the small quantity you need, ordering online probably doesn't make sense.

Any architectural salvage places around your area? You might be able to snag an old window screen that way and cut it up.

The air intake on my Stromberg Carb is covered with a piece of good old fashioned heavy duty steel screen (as used to be found on back doors everywhere).

The problem is -- finding this stuff is nigh impossible. It's either the paper thin aluminum stuff at Maxi Mart or chicken wire or fiberglas "screen."

I traversed 6 (six) hardware and builder supply stores Saturday morning. I finally settled on a two layer offset of "hardware cloth" which will do for now (according to my IA), but I'd like the cleaner look of screen.

So -- where can i find good old fashioned heavy duty screen?

(About 1/8" in interior square each hole)

Is this anything close?

http://www.smallparts.com/Stainless...&pf_rd_p=1261382302&pf_rd_s=center-3#bottom-3

They have all kinds of odd stuff.

Gary

For the small quantity you need, ordering online probably doesn't make sense.

Any architectural salvage places around your area? You might be able to snag an old window screen that way and cut it up.

Don't know of any -- I don't think there's been any new construction here since 1912.

:rolleyes:

Back