Screen saver

igottafly

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
igottafly
I was wisiting a friend today and noticed that thier screen saver was a
slide show of many different pictures they have saved on the hard drive.

I am using Windows 98 SE
can ony one tell me how to make my computer do the same??
She could not offer any help as someone else set it up.

igottafly said:
I was wisiting a friend today and noticed that thier screen saver was a
slide show of many different pictures they have saved on the hard drive.

I am using Windows 98 SE
can ony one tell me how to make my computer do the same??

Upgrade.

Yep,

Later versions of Windows include a "slideshow" as one of their default screen savers.

However, all is not lost. There are many aftermarket screen savers that will do the same thing, purchased at your local software store, or from freeware sites such as these. Make sure you get one that will work on Windows98.

Just be careful not to get one loaded with Spyware. Avoid Comet Cursors.

alaskaflyer said:
Yep,

Later versions of Windows include a "slideshow" as one of their default screen savers.

However, all is not lost. There are many aftermarket screen savers that will do the same thing, purchased at your local software store, or from freeware sites such as these. Make sure you get one that will work on Windows98.
<<<<<slaps forhead and mutters DUHHHHH..never occured to me that there would be a freeware program to enable me to do this. I looked everywhere I could think of for step by step instructions using any tools within win 98. As much stuff that I Google, you would have thought I would have checked, but did not know to look for "freeware screensaver slideshow".
Thanks alot Richard. I installed the first one that came up on the Google search, works as advertised.

Back