Scored a hangar!

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
Yes! Dallas Bay called (1A0), and we have a T-hangar starting April 1st, I'm pumped. I've been on the list both there and Collegedale (3M3) for the last two years in anticipation of being an aircraft owner, and my slot came up at 1A0.

Now, we just need to get the plane home by the 1st to fill that hangar.

:D

Great news Bill!!

I hope you can join us in Sarasota with the new plane.

Wow! 2 years on a wait list and then airplane and hangar fall into place more or less simultaneously! The planets are aligned.

Far cry from my two years in Nashville. I was on a waitlist for a T hangar at Tune and Smyrna the whole time (stuck in a gang hangar) I got one exactly 6 weeks before we moved back to Florida.

Wow! 2 years on a wait list and then airplane and hangar fall into place more or less simultaneously! The planets are aligned.

A little more than that. Right after passing my PP checkride, I knew I wanted to someday own a plane. So, I figured out how long until it was financially feasable to own. Called the airports, "Oh crap, I better get on the lists NOW".

Far cry from my two years in Nashville. I was on a waitlist for a T hangar at Tune and Smyrna the whole time (stuck in a gang hangar) I got one exactly 6 weeks before we moved back to Florida.

Bummer

Actually, 3M3 is much closer, so we'll stay on the list there and move when one comes up, but I'd guess it will be another 2-3 years before my name comes up.

That's just great, Bill!! Our poor baby still sits on the ramp. Hangar rentals won't happen in my lifetime. The owner may get a chance to buy a condo hanger soon.....another Trinnie is up for sale, so he's planning to buy it's hangar when it's sold.

Congratulations Bill. I've been on the hanger list for every airport within an hours drive from me for at least two years with no progress being made towards the top.

I was so lucky when I went hangar shopping. I went to the first airport which was close and they had nothing. I started to inquire about getting on the waiting list. While that was happening I went to the next nearest airport and they had a hangar open that day and no one on the waiting list. I literally walked in as they had hung up the phone with the guy who was moving out. I snatched it up.

Now you need to get some chairs, a broom, a couch, a small refrigerator, a tv, a radio, a table...

Now you need to get some chairs, a broom, a couch, a small refrigerator, a tv, a radio, a table...

About a year ago, my wife wanted to clear out some old furniture, an old lazy-boy, old coffee table, etc. I wanted to keep them in the basement for later, but she was in the "I'm not going to be a pack rat" mode, so they went away for chump change (<$50 each).

That lazy-boy would have looked mighty fine in the hangar (there was acutally nothing wrong with it, clean, fairly new, worked fine, but the color didn't match the new living room decor). :(

Down here in the land of summer high 90's and humidity to match, a fridge and one of those ass big fans on a stand are necessary.

Last edited:
I need to get a fridge in mine. I have the end of a row of Ts, so I have the extra block. I have a separate room, which is insulated, with a built in wall heater, two oversized chairs. Nice to sit in the there while the engine is preheating in the winter.

there are T hangars all over the place available here. And still Matt and I have managed to fit 4 gliders and his fly baby into one. :yes:

Back