Say "Hello" to PoA . . .

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
. . . Teller1900 and his bride to-be:

May 25, 2008 at Owls Head Transportation Museum, Rockland, Maine.
The plane in the background is a WACO with TEXACO markings on it, owned by Rich Hornbeck, of Bowdoinham, Maine. A cast iron(?) model bank was made of the plane and can be found -- in limited quantities after two sold-out editions of thousands -- by searching on eBAY for "Texaco Models." Rich and other WACO owners did a tour several years ago which went down the East Coast, to Texas, up to Michigan and other places. He has his own landing strip near his home.

HR
(EDIT for 2 more photos; Rich Hornbeck is on the right.)

Attachments

• Teller1900_1.jpg
    Teller1900_1.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Teller1900_2.jpg
    Teller1900_2.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Hornbeck_1.jpg
    Hornbeck_1.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Hornbeck_2.jpg
    Hornbeck_2.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Awww indeed :).

It was a wonderful afternoon to be outside, and finally meet my Maine neighbor, Harley (and his incredibly nice camera), who I hope to get to know better before my stay in Maine is up. Here's a few of my, much less impressive shots from the afternoon.

The last one isn't from the show, it's from the creepy f-ing lobster in front of the Trade Winds hotel in Rockland. This is the hotel they put us at when we're stuck in RKD for work...nothing beats working a 15 hour day, going to the hotel, then looking out your window to see that damn thing.

Attachments

• IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4068.JPG
    IMG_4068.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4082.JPG
    IMG_4082.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4085.JPG
    IMG_4085.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4086.JPG
    IMG_4086.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4089.JPG
    IMG_4089.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    830.2 KB · Views: 28
Awww indeed :).

It was a wonderful afternoon to be outside, and finally meet my Maine neighbor, Harley (and his incredibly nice camera), who I hope to get to know better before my stay in Maine is up. Here's a few of my, much less impressive shots from the afternoon.

The last one isn't from the show, it's from the creepy f-ing lobster in front of the Trade Winds hotel in Rockland. This is the hotel they put us at when we're stuck in RKD for work...nothing beats working a 15 hour day, going to the hotel, then looking out your window to see that damn thing.
Thanks for the image. I'll never sleep again.:hairraise:

Incidentally, the Red Baron plane is owned and flown by Ken Cianchette, one of the owners of Cianbro Corporation(formerly known as Cianchette Brothers, Inc.) It's a big construction company(Pittsfield, Maine) which has built major projects -- including bridges -- in wide parts of the USA. His nephew, Eric, was recently named U. S. Ambassador to Costa Rica.

The yellow gyro plane belongs to Steve Waterman who was a couple years behind me in high school. Google JUST A SAILOR, and you'll come up with his book about his experiences as a USN underwater diver(a lot of it in Viet Nam). Steve told me today that a new edition is to be released soon. It'll be similar to the original but with some photos removed and previously unpublished photos added. The original received terrific reviews from top military brass.

HR

Back