Save a Little Money... Unless You Break It!

K

KennyFlys

Oh yeah ... we're just going to love those wonderful environmentally correct compact fluorescent light bulbs.

Unless, that is, we drop one and then have to pay the $2000 clean up bill.

Gotta love this paragraph:
Greenpeace also recommends CFLs while simultaneously bemoaning contamination caused by a mercury-thermometer factory in India. But where are mercury-containing CFLs made? Not in the United States, under strict environmental regulation. CFLs are made in India and China, where environmental standards are virtually non-existent.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I've been saying all this time. They're pushing fluorescents as the savior of the earth, but don't realize how hazardous they really are to the environment.

Give me tungsten any day; superior light quality, cheaper to buy, safe to dispose of. I'll just buy more carbon credits to make it all better. :rofl:

The hazard in fluorescents is mercury vapor. Unfortunately nobody in this story had a brain cell, so they failed to realize the hazard left the room before anybody called for help about how to handle it.

I think I'll start a business of CFL hazard remelioration. For $2000 I'll remove any sign of the hazard....with an open window and a fan.

This is ridiculous. It's easy to dispose of them. Just wait until trash day and put 'em in your neighbor's can.

Back