Saturday dinner

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
We have a few options for dinner this year. We haven't had much luck with the Gastons restaurant the last few years as we've always overloaded them and received terrible service. Although it never really bothered me because it's more about the people then the food or service for me.

Last year we tried taking a tour bus into town for dinner - it seemed to work out pretty decently although some people felt it was a bit rushed.

Our options are to either do the tour bus again or to go with the Gastons restaurant. If we go with the bus we'll need to cover the $775 price tag. It has a capacity of 56.

Thoughts?

We have a few options for dinner this year. We haven't had much luck with the Gastons restaurant the last few years as we've always overloaded them and received terrible service. Although it never really bothered me because it's more about the people then the food or service for me.

Last year we tried taking a tour bus into town for dinner - it seemed to work out pretty decently although some people felt it was a bit rushed.

Our options are to either do the tour bus again or to go with the Gastons restaurant. If we go with the bus we'll need to cover the $775 price tag. It has a capacity of 56.

Thoughts?

I'd do the bus again. At least 8 in my party.

Tommy and I will be there, and I liked the whole bus thing. If it makes, I'm in.

Aren't there any good $100 hamburger joints down that way?

What about a cookout?

I did like the bus, and the place we went. But, don't listen to me, as I'm going to be leaving Friday night so I won't make the Saturday dinner anyway.

The problem with the bus is the cost. We'd need to fill it up (50 people) to break even at $15 per seat like last year. I'm not sure we even had that many people in it last year. I suspect a certain generous mississippi man may have contributed a few of his own dollars. Problem is I'm not nearly as generous so we'd have to either get 50 people to commit at $15 or raise the price. It gets pretty expensive for the people with large families

i'm not going to be there this year but fwiw i'm pretty sure the bus trip into town and supper was no cheaper than just eating at gastons. however, i have always had no issues with the restaurant at gastons except that it is overpriced because it is a resort.

i'm not going to be there this year but fwiw i'm pretty sure the bus trip into town and supper was no cheaper than just eating at gastons. however, i have always had no issues with the restaurant at gastons except that it is overpriced because it is a resort.

I don't think it was cheaper either, but the service and the food were better.

I haven't had any major issues with the restaurant at Gaston's except for the fact that they are PAINFULLY slow. It's OK to be a little slow, 'cuz I do enjoy talking to people in the restaurant, but I've had multiple occasions where they're not just a little slow.

We can probably convoy 20-30 people if the crowd is smaller. I can take up to 7 passengers and we can carry 10-12 in the Gaston's van. We could rent another passenger van.

Don't know if Gaston's will allow it, but we've got some pretty good BBQ caterers in the area. Have you guys considered catering in a nice late afternoon or evening feast?

Don't know if Gaston's will allow it, but we've got some pretty good BBQ caterers in the area. Have you guys considered catering in a nice late afternoon or evening feast?
I've seen some professional BBQ rigs parked in the lane at Gaston's before, feeding groups in one of the cabins, so I expect it's doable.

Back