Sarcasm

Bob Noel

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Noel
Can we get a sarcasm smily added to the list please?

sarcasm_is_just_one_more_free_service_we_offer.jpg

I along with many others have wished for that too. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what it would look like. What are your thoughts? Maybe a sign, like the "yeah that" sign instead of a smiley.

I along with many others have wished for that too. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what it would look like. What are your thoughts? Maybe a sign, like the "yeah that" sign instead of a smiley.

I've seen a few images that are similar to the "yeah that" sign...but was unable to quickly figure out how to attach it as an example.

(google sarcasm smiley)

I've seen a few images that are similar to the "yeah that" sign...but was unable to quickly figure out how to attach it as an example.

(google sarcasm smiley)

f1cc46e3.png
or
e037cdbb.gif

Can we add this one to the roster of choices?

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

How about a face holding a sign that says, "Yeah, right." Or is that more of a NY thing?

-Rich

I thought the "roll eyes" icon worked well for sarcasm.

I prefer irony. Sarcasm is very low brow.

:D

<sarcasm>Oh yeah, that would be very nice to have.</sarcasm>

I think that is the techno-hip way of indicating sarcasm. Without the faux XML/HTML markers my sentence would have had an entirely different meaning. I suppose either of these appended smileys might work too, but just doesn't do it for me:

Oh yeah, that would be very nice to have.:rolleyes2::rolleyes:

I'm on another forum where the accepted way to demonstrate to lesser beings that you are being sarcastic is to use green ink. :rolleyes2:

-John

I'm on another forum where the accepted way to demonstrate to lesser beings that you are being sarcastic is to use green ink. :rolleyes2:

-John

But what about those of us who are little blue/green colorblind?

:)

Back