Samsung Q1U

jlwilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Joyce
Anyone have any experience with any of these? I'm thinking that I need a little computer for my flight bag:)

Joyce

Not I. I've been playing with the idea of a Netbook, but my Dell is almost as small, albeit a couple of pounds heavierl, and there's no need to spend the extra $$$ right now.

Oops. My bad. I should have looked the product up before I replied! Not really comparable!

Last edited:
Hello Joyce, I am using the Q1U on a yoke mount and w/ Flight Cheetah software (www.aviationsafety.com)

WX, plates, Airways,,, are easy to read and use through finger taps or the stylus. The screen is the perfect size and having wi-fi is a nice option. It is a "windows" product and so far (fingers crossed) has been very stable.

Here's a few pics...

ncb580.jpg

fky2p5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Andy! Did you make your yoke mount or is that something you can get commercially?

Joyce

Joyce, the Samsung comes w/ a snap-in mount and the actual yoke mount is from a companny called RAM. Goggle them and you will find a "ton" of different applications for aircraft.

Mike, LOL! Yea, it looks like there is no room but the pic is deceiving. Lots of room actually and the entire unit can be tilted out of the way for those "Heavy" bigger buddha bellys :)

Wire management is pretty easy w/ spiral wrap.

2lliofs.jpg

1py0c3.jpg

This link shows the sideview of the Flight cheetah. Too large of an Image to post here:
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=1Z7TxIabm72awLl1rw43Xw%3D%3D

Last edited:
Back