Sammie's - KPLR - March 24

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
This Saturday (March 24) we're meeting at Sammie's at noon CDT (1700Z).

For those that haven't been there, Sammie's is at the north end of the field (KPLR), east side of the runway.

The forecast weather looks good at this time.

There are parachuters at KPLR, so keep your ears open for jump announcements and eyes open for jumpers. If you're interested, I've heard from at least one person that is planning on jumping if the weather is nice.

48 and 72 hour progs look great for the lunch!

Does that mean the Mooney isn't ready?

Ugh. Argh. F@$&!

Right tank passed pressure test, so they filled it with fuel to sit for several days before painting the wing. Tank leaks, back to the drawing board.

Left tank now passes pressure test, so it now gets the fill test.

Who knows.

But, we'll be there in the club Skylane, as long as it doesn't get run over by a Saberliner, doesn't get a starter torn out, etc. etc. etc. :(

Sorry to here things aren't going smoother with the Mooney.

I hope to be there on Saturday with my daughter.

Bill it was a pleasure to meet you!

Dave I am sorry I did not get to meet you, somehow I must have missed you while I was there.

Dave I am sorry I did not get to meet you, somehow I must have missed you while I was there.

Nope. He cancelled today. He was going to fly over with me, but his daughter changed her mind.

I was really looking forward to meeting you guys, but this morning my 3 1/2 year old daughter, who loves airplanes and flying decided she didn't want to go and there was no changing her mind. We ended up spending a great afternoon at the aquarium and Centenial park so I really can't complain. I promise to make the next one. Of course, after not wanting to go this morning, this afternoon she asked me when we were going flying. Oh well.

I was really looking forward to meeting you guys, but this morning my 3 1/2 year old daughter, who loves airplanes and flying decided she didn't want to go and there was no changing her mind. We ended up spending a great afternoon at the aquarium and Centenial park so I really can't complain. I promise to make the next one. Of course, after not wanting to go this morning, this afternoon she asked me when we were going flying. Oh well.
Gotta love how the mind of a child works! I've often said, "A child is God's best gift of entertainment." :)

Tom, Wayne, and Ron, good to meet you all, even if it was brief! We should try to make this a semi-regular thing. Nice Skylane, Tom!

And yes, quite the gaggle of Mooneys. We hung out for a while after lunch and talked shop with some of them. Always good to get other pilots opinions!

Back