Salmon thirty salmon

so now when pilots respond we have 'em on the fish finder, we know what plane it is....

Greg Bockelman said:
They got something like a $600,000 grant to do that. :yes: :mad:

Why would that bring about the 'mad' face? It's good advertising. Busses have billboards, taxis have billboards. All the thing is is a flying bus. Anything to help company stay up and consumer costs stay down is a good thing. From an advertising perspective, that's a heck of a lot of coverage for $600,000.

Henning said:
Why would that bring about the 'mad' face? It's good advertising. Busses have billboards, taxis have billboards. All the thing is is a flying bus. Anything to help company stay up and consumer costs stay down is a good thing. From an advertising perspective, that's a heck of a lot of coverage for $600,000.

Except if I recall correctly it was the US GOVERNMENT that forked out the money. Not a real good use of my tax dollars, in my opinion.

It wasn't the federal government, it was "A local nonprofit agency, the Alaska Fisheries Marketing Board"....

The federal government DID, however, give the money to the "local nonprofit agency" :(

"A local nonprofit agency, the Alaska Fisheries Marketing Board, gave Alaska Airlines a $500,000 grant to paint the jet. The money came out of about $29 million in federal funding U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska and his congressional colleagues have appropriated to the marketing board, created in 2003, to promote and enhance the value of Alaska seafood. The senator's son, state Sen. Ben Stevens, is chairman of the agency's board of directors."

Pffffft! I seen salmon bigger then that! :rofl:

Could you imagine a bald eagle that saw that...would probably pass out in fear.

Last edited:
I don't think painting it with a whole salmon is good marketing. It should be shown grilled on a cedar plank, dill sauce on the side. Maybe some sliced sashimi for those who prefer raw...

;)

Henning said:
Busses have billboards, taxis have billboards. All the thing is is a flying bus. Anything to help company stay up and consumer costs stay down is a good thing.
Then there's Western Pacific. I'm not sure how much they were able to defray their costs with this idea. I thought it was fun, and I flew on them a few times. It killed them to move from COS to DEN, though.

Greg Bockelman said:
Except if I recall correctly it was the US GOVERNMENT that forked out the money. Not a real good use of my tax dollars, in my opinion.

That's not bad price to get something from our USA gov. as usually it costs that much for nothing or to just start correcting the mistakes !

i hear when flying in dark clouds it looks a little like smoked salmon.

I've seen that airplane, too. I love that airplane.

Re WP: I know which one YOU guys will want to fly! ;)

I must be getting old. It wasn't until hours later that I "got" "Salmon Thirty Salmon". That's very funny. Getting old's a *****.

Judy

Last edited:
Back