Sold Cessna Cardinal 177B

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
$62,000

Selling my beloved Cardinal. Please see the following URL for a one page PDF sales flyer as well as logs, engine data, oil analysis reports, weight and balance calculator, lots of pictures, and every detail you can imagine:

http://southshore.com/~jaj

Hangared at KFLP, Flippin, (north central) Arkansas.

Thanks for looking!
John Johnson

Gorgeous plane - good luck with the sale!

Nice looking bird John! If I may ask, what's the reason for selling?

Nice looking bird John! If I may ask, what's the reason for selling?

Thanks Ryan. I've been struggling for about 3 years now just to keep current, getting an hour here and there when weather and when my health permitted. I ended up in the hospital recently for a week and said enough is enough. I have to get my medical situation worked out before I fly again, and that could take a few years. I'm also in the middle of a big move to the northern Gulf Coast area and will live as a gypsy for a year or so, renting an apartment while I look for a new home. If we don't find anything we like down there, we'll probably move to the Virginia Beach area and do the same there for a year or so. Then maybe the Puget Sound area. It would be difficult to drag the airplane around with me, with unknown hangar space availability. Hopefully I'll be settled down somewhere in a few years and will jump into ownership again. It's the ultimate hobby and even flying only 40 or 50 hours a year was absolutely worth it to me. It just became too difficult and will only become more so in the next few years.

John,

Hopefully it sells quick so you can focus on your health and next move.

Thanks Ryan. I've been struggling for about 3 years now just to keep current, getting an hour here and there when weather and when my health permitted. I ended up in the hospital recently for a week and said enough is enough. I have to get my medical situation worked out before I fly again, and that could take a few years. I'm also in the middle of a big move to the northern Gulf Coast area and will live as a gypsy for a year or so, renting an apartment while I look for a new home. If we don't find anything we like down there, we'll probably move to the Virginia Beach area and do the same there for a year or so. Then maybe the Puget Sound area. It would be difficult to drag the airplane around with me, with unknown hangar space availability. Hopefully I'll be settled down somewhere in a few years and will jump into ownership again. It's the ultimate hobby and even flying only 40 or 50 hours a year was absolutely worth it to me. It just became too difficult and will only become more so in the next few years.
Definitely understandable. All the best John!

John, I just sent a pm (I think). I might be interested. I'll try your email in the ad as well.

I'd want to get out of flippin Arkansas too. :p

Wow that's a lot of airplane for the money

ifitwereonly18monthsfromnow...:(
Same boat.... 177B has always been on my list.... and this one is a great example of one that is well taken care of, and not crazily priced.

Beautiful 177B! The Cardinal I few in my old club was mechanically sound but light years away from yours cosmetically. I'd feel guilty owning it before I was able to get a hangar.

Thanks guys, and thank you Mike. I'm sorry I never got a chance to take you for a ride in it during one of your Gaston's visits. And I'll always appreciate your sending me that photo of me on inital climbout from Gaston's - it's my favorite.

Same boat.... 177B has always been on my list.... and this one is a great example of one that is well taken care of, and not crazily priced.

general.jpg

Dang, where's my drool mop. . .:confused::eek::D I have a similar photo right over
<-------there

Scribble my info in the airframe logbook... and tell the next owner to reach out to me if/when they decide to sell.

And I'll always appreciate your sending me that photo of me on inital climbout from Gaston's - it's my favorite.
That's one of my fave airplane photos too.

We'll get together for a ride in the near future!

Back