Safety Pilot in NJ area?

nj-pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
josh_me
Hello- Anyone interested in sharing safety pilot duties in the NJ area? I fly out of Morristown. Hoping to take a checkride around xmas time.

I live up by West Point I would be more then willing to do the safety pilot routine. When are you looking to fly and what are you flying?

I'm down, I keep my Diamond at KCDW and my warehouse is in Whippany, shoot me a PM with your contact info.

When the time comes for me to fly up to nj it'll be mmu. How do u guys like it there? Tips? Thanks!

When the time comes for me to fly up to nj it'll be mmu. How do u guys like it there? Tips? Thanks!

I'm personally more of a fan of Caldwell Airport opposed to Morristown Airport, Caldwell is more general aviation oriented whereas Morristown is jets. I love the location of KMMU, I think the runways are excellent, and the controllers are great to work with, but it's expensive to hangar/tie-down your plane. Caldwell is a very well taken care of field, I like the fact it's a little closer to everything, the controllers aren't that great since it's a teaching tower BUT I like Caldwell far more because there's more of an old school GA feel to it. Most of the time if I'm going to go for a flight I bump into other pilots, get a chance to socialize with other guys in the hobby. I also really like the school that I work with at Caldwell and that plays another roll in my decision, I know planes are accessible and competitively priced if I want to rent a Cessa opposed to flying my Diamond.

Search for the NJ Mooney Pilots, there's a bunch if them scattered all over NJ, including parts of PA and DE.

Josh,

What do you fly? When do you fly? I might be interested if the schedule allows... I also fly out of KMMU... feel free to PM.

Eman,

I got my PPL at CDW and currently fly out of MMU... both airports are fine and are GA-friendly (well, as friendly as they can be, near the big city) and pricey... feel free to ask any specific questions shall you have any.

Hi

I'm looking to get 27 night hours quickly. I need simulated ifr time too but am willing to act as safety pilot for you to reach your goals.

If this sounds feasible let me know.

Cheers

Back