Safety of Aerobatics?

Discussion in 'Aerobatics' started by Yeti Niner Five, Aug 4, 2015.

1. whifferdill

whifferdill Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    whifferdill
    Just read from the pilot that prelim investigation points to failure of the right wing first, then complete firewall/engine separation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. docmirror

docmirror Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cowboy - yeehah!
    We're gonna need a bigger buffer.

3. somorris

somorris Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    somorris
    The reason my post was edited it because I first had typed the wing, then went over to IAC's site and it said the engine. I came back and changed it. I KNEW I had read it was the wing. These days, I am loosing a little confidence in my memory. Thank you Wifferdill!

4. Cybare

Cybare Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cybare
    A Citabria at 3000 feet with an experienced instructor is a good place to start. You may find that your question answers itself!

5. Cybare

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cybare
    Absolutely, I was a total adrenaline junkie, professional race Driver, shipwrecked around the world sailor, and ,of course, the stunt flying stuff. Then a miracle appeared, at 40, I became a full time single father. Risk adverse is an understatement. What was an adrenaline rush became stress, I totally understood my role on earth was to protect my daughter. Now, she is 25 and I am a new Grandpa. I have done my best and very pleased! BUT perhaps Grandpa can put the pedal to the metal, metaphorically of course!

Hacker likes this.
  6. Cybare

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cybare
    Ten-Four! Planes generally have more tolerance than we do as pilots. Attitude plus altitude should work!