Sad time in my life

Dalwhinnie and tonight is my Friday night. I'd say yes but I've been there before and I feel your pain.

Polished off a bottle of Dahlwhinnie a couple weeks ago. Replaced it with Macallan...I like it much better!

I've been to the Dalwhinnie distillery in Scotland, it was even more yummy there. ;)

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

One of these guys is me, the other is an A-10 pilot.

Last edited:
Oh its good, a little pricey as all good scotch is but its really good. Looking up those pictures made me remember some others, so I just have to post one more picture of Scotland taken a little Southeast of the Dalwhinnie Distillery. I've going to get this printed on canvas.

DSCN0106.jpg

I've been to the Dalwhinnie distillery in Scotland, it was even more yummy there. ;)

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

The A-10 guy is one of those guys by the sign on the building behind you, right? It has to be one of those two, but I can't make out which. If the regular airport bums in the foreground would get out of the way I could figure it out.

Although I'm not a whisky drinker, I LOVE Scotland. Had the chance to go there in the 90s and I've always wanted to return. I loved Edinburgh (even more than London), the Scots, and the countryside.

Toured Balvenie and it was fun, but was sadly lost on me. While I love a good red wine, I haven't yet acquired a taste for whisky. But at least I do know how to spell it properly without the "e" :)

...While I love a good red wine, I haven't yet acquired a taste for whisky. But at least I do know how to spell it properly without the "e" :)

Scotch is for when we grow up

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

Why does the A-10 driver look friendlier?

I have found I much prefer the Islay whiskies. Lagavulin is my go-to, but Johnny Walker Double Black is good for company or casual sipping. It's a little less in-your-face but still nice and smoky. I find that for me the Highlands are nice, but not inspiring; I haven't found a Speyside I really like yet.

I recently tried Powers Irish, though, and it's really, really good. I'm glad I didn't stop after not finding Jameson to my taste.

I have found I much prefer the Islay whiskies. Lagavulin is my go-to, but Johnny Walker Double Black is good for company or casual sipping. It's a little less in-your-face but still nice and smoky. I find that for me the Highlands are nice, but not inspiring; I haven't found a Speyside I really like yet.

I recently tried Powers Irish, though, and it's really, really good. I'm glad I didn't stop after not finding Jameson to my taste.

I'm usually all over the place trying different bottles, but Lagavulin is my favorite. Unfortunately it is a bit too pricey to have regularly. On the plus-side Powers is much cheaper and is still pretty decent. I've was on a kick for a while where that was my go-to.

I know it's heresy, but I recently had some El Dorado 15 year rum at a restaurant. I'm not typically a rum guy, but wow, that was enjoyable to drink neat. Now I have a bottle of it at home and it has taken the place of my whisky drinking lately.

the woodford double oak bottle is empty and I’m out of Padron’s... Jack Daniels and cheap cigars for the rest of the night. I hope you guys are doing better.

Padron x000s (2000 specifically) are one of my favorites, along with AF Don Carlos. You poor soul. Life must suck.

You do know that Johnny Walker is a blended scotch - blended from whiskies they buy from other distilleries because they don't have one of their own, right?

I got sick on Whisk(e)y/Bourbon once, so I can no longer drink any of them straight or I start to hurl at the first sip.(they are all too similar in taste) But, I can poison them with Coke and drink them.

I've never seen anyone mix Coke with scotch (just realized that) but I have some bourbon that if anyone tried to mix anything other than a couple drops of water with it, I'd have to ask them to leave my house and never come back.

I've never seen anyone mix Coke with scotch (just realized that) but I have some bourbon that if anyone tried to mix anything other than a couple drops of water with it, I'd have to ask them to leave my house and never come back.

My wife kept taking $50+ bottles of bourbon and mixing them with Coke, so I went out and bought her a bottle of Four Roses yellow label. Yellow label is actually a pretty good table bourbon, it's not bad neat or on the rocks, and I don't mind her mixing it with Coke!

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

I'm going with that's you on the right, older and ya got whiskers. A10 drivers can't have whiskers ya know. :p:D

I do use it (Jack) to cook though. Makes a pretty damn good sauce/glaze.

Although I'm not a whisky drinker, I LOVE Scotland. Had the chance to go there in the 90s and I've always wanted to return. I loved Edinburgh (even more than London), the Scots, and the countryside.

Toured Balvenie and it was fun, but was sadly lost on me. While I love a good red wine, I haven't yet acquired a taste for whisky. But at least I do know how to spell it properly without the "e" :)

Glenlivet is where it started to click for me.

Love the lake photo!! Great composition and subject. Hope you don't mind, but I thought it would be fun to tweak it a bit with some editing software (I use Luminar by Skylum), to bring out the colors muted by the overcast.

DSCN0106.jpeg

I am very experienced in fine liquor myself, after thinking "how bad could it possibly be" the wife and I "experienced" this abomination:

taaka-vodka.jpg

Never, ever again!

You do know that Johnny Walker is a blended scotch - blended from whiskies they buy from other distilleries because they don't have one of their own, right?
Yes, I'm quite well aware of that. Double Black is the only one of their blends I've tried that I like, and I like it fine. Heresy for a single malt fanatic, I know, but there you have it. Like I said, it's fine for "casual" drinking or when company is here and they aren't refined enough to appreciate Lagavulin. :)

Love the lake photo!! Great composition and subject. Hope you don't mind, but I thought it would be fun to tweak it a bit with some editing software (I use Luminar by Skylum), to bring out the colors muted by the overcast.

View attachment 65478

Not all all. Enjoy!

It was one of those things where Jason (another pilot friend of mine who was stationed there learning to fly the Tornado) was driving along at 90 mph as he always does and I saw that out the right side of the car. STOP!! PULL OVER!!

snap, snap, snap, snap (yeah, I took four pictures)

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

Let me guess, you’re they guy who forgot to lace up and tie his right shoe

Back