Sad news Spanish Fly Crash

OK, I've got a very serious question. When I saw Spanish Fly, I too was one of those who remembered their youth. Being so close to the border here in San Diego, the stories about this wonderful aphrodisiac were rampant.

However, all I can remember were the stories. I can't recall one of my friends who actually got lucky because they were able to slip some into a young lady's drink, or however it was supposed to be administered.

Did the stuff really exist? Has anyone here, or perhaps a family member, ever experienced it's legendary powers first hand?

I'm not talking about the garish labeled junk that was sold by street hawkers on Avenida de Revolution in Tijuana. Was there an actual Spanish Fly aphrodisiac that would drive women into uncontrollable horniness?

Or was the whole thing nothing more than urban legend spread among hopeful boys.

John

If such a thing actually existed, the pharmaceutical industry wouldn't be trying to invent it.

A little AvGas instead of cologne might at least attract the "right" kind of female.

OK, I've got a very serious question. When I saw Spanish Fly, I too was one of those who remembered their youth. Being so close to the border here in San Diego, the stories about this wonderful aphrodisiac were rampant.

However, all I can remember were the stories. I can't recall one of my friends who actually got lucky because they were able to slip some into a young lady's drink, or however it was supposed to be administered.

Did the stuff really exist? Has anyone here, or perhaps a family member, ever experienced it's legendary powers first hand?

I'm not talking about the garish labeled junk that was sold by street hawkers on Avenida de Revolution in Tijuana. Was there an actual Spanish Fly aphrodisiac that would drive women into uncontrollable horniness?

Or was the whole thing nothing more than urban legend spread among hopeful boys.

John
:wink2:
If you find some that really works I will take a case!

Eek, X01. I used to go there pretty often to build xc time for my IR. It is 53.1 nm from my home airport. Also the shortest paved runway in South Florida and really really narrow. Great fun!

Sorry to hear of the crash.

I am sure Spanish Fly is a knowing play on what we all thought it referred to.

I haven't a clue what y'all are talking about.

Sorry to hear about the crash. I've seen the show many times :(

Eek, X01. I used to go there pretty often to build xc time for my IR. It is 53.1 nm from my home airport. Also the shortest paved runway in South Florida and really really narrow. Great fun!

Sorry to hear of the crash.

I am sure Spanish Fly is a knowing play on what we all thought it referred to.

Rip.

X01 was my first CC solo(51nm) and a favorite spot to visit when I lived in Fl. It looks like the runway lenght wouldnt be a problem for the a/c.

John

First, sorry about the crash!

Apparently the drug is real. The effects attributed to it are not, however. Not even if you're a farm animal. And you probably won't like HOW it is purported to work.

http://www.druglibrary.eu/library/books/recreationaldrugs/spanishfly.htm

P.S. Man card not withstanding, I'd never heard of the stuff before this thread.

First, sorry about the crash!

Apparently the drug is real. The effects attributed to it are not, however. Not even if you're a farm animal. And you probably won't like HOW it is purported to work.

http://www.druglibrary.eu/library/books/recreationaldrugs/spanishfly.htm

P.S. Man card not withstanding, I'd never heard of the stuff before this thread.

I think it was sold in the back of magazines like MAD and other educational materials I read in my youth! :D
I see one now in the back on some aviation magazines with a less than attractive female "Dr" that promises to make a man irresistable to women! :rolleyes: Personally, I've impressed all the women I can afford! :yikes:

I think it was sold in the back of magazines like MAD and other educational materials I read in my youth! :D
I see one now in the back on some aviation magazines with a less than attractive female "Dr" that promises to make a man irresistable to women! :rolleyes: Personally, I've impressed all the women I can afford! :yikes:

But if you impress them enough, you won't be the one doing the affording. :D

My first thought was a Coast Guard HC-144 went down. I've heard several of the local CG pilots refer to it (the CG version of the Casa CN-235) as the "Spanish Fly."

Those Comp Airs look awesome though.

Back