S-Tec System 65 AutoPilot - Info on Pricing?

MotorMarc

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AvPartsCo
I just acquired a nearly complete S-Tec System 65 (Missing its Roll CPU). I was trying to figure out how to price it and where to possibly sell it? I've included some pictures as well.

IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0576.JPG IMG_0575.JPG IMG_0579.JPG IMG_0589.JPG

Take into account (1) the price of the missing roll computer, (2) the current new price of complete setup, and (3) the current price for Genesys to "recertify" the used system and issue the necessary STC paperwork (S-Tec STCs are serial number specific; you can't legally install this without S-Tec issuing an STC to the buyer).

Take into account (1) the price of the missing roll computer, (2) the current new price of complete setup, and (3) the current price for Genesys to "recertify" the used system and issue the necessary STC paperwork (S-Tec STCs are serial number specific; you can't legally install this without S-Tec issuing an STC to the buyer).

The roll computer is a few thousand or so. With all that being said; What would be a fair price range for it? I mean it seems to be damn near brand new. I just don't know what to do with this autopilot lol!

The roll computer is a few thousand or so. With all that being said; What would be a fair price range for it? I mean it seems to be damn near brand new. I just don't know what to do with this autopilot lol!

I don't know what the new price for a system is (parts only), and I'm not gonna do the research for you.

In any event, I hope you don't have much into it, because you're probably going to find out that there's very little money in used autopilots because of (3) above.

Oh you're fine! I wouldn't expect you to do all of that! Lol! So Genesys price lists for 2021 valued it at $47,311. But I can't find anyone selling another to compare a price to. That's what got my ears perked up on what just fell into my lap. As to the used autopilot market....no kidding! I've been sitting on a KFC-200 for months now and can't get rid of it. Was thinking of possibly just parting it out at this rate..

e bay just had an s Tec 50 complete used system for about 9400 . The price for recertification could run more than a new system.

e bay just had an s Tec 50 complete used system for about 9400 . The price for recertification could run more than a new system.
Thank you for the reply! I'll keep looking around. I may just hold onto it and get it recertified, then have it installed on one of the planes here at the shop.

I suspect it won't be that much. Missing a major component, and I think the only people who might buy this are folks building experimentals. The price to recertify it will exceed the cost of the unit to put it in a spam can. A bit of a racket, but the only game in town.

I suspect it won't be that much. Missing a major component, and I think the only people who might buy this are folks building experimentals. The price to recertify it will exceed the cost of the unit to put it in a spam can. A bit of a racket, but the only game in town.
Yeah you got me there. This is one hell of a market that's forsure lol!

Is that dollars?!

You can get the control heads for $1500+ which is still overpriced.

I’m upgrading and will be selling my old 50 system for a less because I don’t think they’re valuable as a new installation but as parts.

Back