S-Tec Autopilot Manuals

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Does anyone have a digital copy of an S-Tec autopilot manual? I'm starting to fly an Archer that has one. I'm not having any issues with the autopilot, but the altitude selector and its associated functions on the display are rather confusing to me after using Bendix/King and Rockwell Collins equipment.

Thanks,
Jason

Jay, I have the 55x and your welcome to borrow the manual? Let me know....

I NEED HELP WITH MINE FOR SURE!! Hi everyone. I have a real problem with my S-Tec 30 auto pilot in my Skylane. When it first started failing, about an hour into a flight 18 months ago, it seemed intermittent. So I knew I would have to wait to have it fail completely. So finally 6 months ago it began to fail after 15 minutes, then in 5 minutes after turning it on. It fails in Tracking or heading mode only. The altitude hold continues to work. We have replaced the DG, Alternator, Voltage Regulator, Vacuum Pump, and had the Auto Pilot itself, (which includes the turn and bank indicator on the 30 series) sent back to S-Tec for complete inspection and testing, for which it passed perfectly fit, for a $1000.00 bench test with shipping!! At my Wits End on this Effing thing! Any ideas! Paul

I NEED HELP WITH MINE FOR SURE!! Hi everyone. I have a real problem with my S-Tec 30 auto pilot in my Skylane. When it first started failing, about an hour into a flight 18 months ago, it seemed intermittent. So I knew I would have to wait to have it fail completely. So finally 6 months ago it began to fail after 15 minutes, then in 5 minutes after turning it on. It fails in Tracking or heading mode only. The altitude hold continues to work. We have replaced the DG, Alternator, Voltage Regulator, Vacuum Pump, and had the Auto Pilot itself, (which includes the turn and bank indicator on the 30 series) sent back to S-Tec for complete inspection and testing, for which it passed perfectly fit, for a $1000.00 bench test with shipping!! At my Wits End on this Effing thing! Any ideas! Paul

Paul, you need a shop that knows the device. The S-Tec 30 does nothing with any vacuum instrument, at all.

First, first: does it pass ground test per the manual?

Will it fly in stab mode (first click of the mode selector)?

Back