RV-6

mdreger

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
Anyone interested in a partially completed RV-6?

I met a woman the other day who inherited her Father's house, including an unfinished RV-6 in the basement and two aircraft engines.

From my brief conversation she said:

It is located in Oak Lawn, IL. A southwest suburb of Chicago.

The entire airplane is there, in one form or another. I don't know how far he got in assembly.

One of the engines (maybe both, she didn't talk about the other engine) is turbocharged and will not fit on the RV. The only other information they supplied at the time was that this particular engine was only used on a few aircraft.

The panel is there as well, although I don't know how well appointed it is.

If anyone is interested I will see if I can get a contact number.

Hi Mike........YES....definitley interested. Could you find out more info whether it is the 6 or 6A and any price she may thinking of. I'd like you to make the initial contact since you know her, afterwards I'll talk with the Lady. Need a phone number also. The logistics of taking a look and getting it to Florida is difficult and expensive, that's why I'd like to know more. Already built a 6A and a 9A and need another 6 taildragger.

Thanks for your time....Joe Salomone....386-690-6455

I met a woman the other day who inherited her Father's house, including an unfinished RV-6 in the basement and two aircraft engines.

The entire airplane is there, in one form or another. I don't know how far he got in assembly.

One of the engines (maybe both, she didn't talk about the other engine) is turbocharged and will not fit on the RV. The only other information they supplied at the time was that this particular engine was only used on a few aircraft.

Mike, I'd be willing to drive over and take a look at that soon. Even have a trailer big enough to haul it out of there. Definitely interested.

I've sent her an e-mail and haven't heard back. I just called her and left a message. I'll let you all know what, if anything, I find out.

Arm-wrestle for it! Yeah!

I talked to her yesterday and didn't have time to get on the board. She says she's been busy with school, and had several hundred e-mails in the account I used. She has others as well.

She said to call her if you would like 708-671-0311

E-mail if you prefer: kedling at gmail dot com , Put "Airplane" in the subject line.

Her name is Kristen.

Good luck.

Back