Rutan Vari-EZE

I've always liked them, but never flew one. A lot of Rutan canards I've seen "cheap" have fiberglass work that looks like absolute crap. This one looks pretty decent though. Also from the reading I've done many tend to be quite heavy due to substandard glasswork, and large amounts of Bondo.

Snug fit. You may not like it if you are >200 lbs. Very simple airframe. Fuel strake may not have been sealed with an alcohol safe epoxy so be careful with mogas. Gas leaks can eat away foam core.

You can put an 0-200 on the back and get 4 gals/HR cruise.

Two guys can remove the wings in a few minutes.

There was a vari, a long and a under-construction velocity in a hangar I used to frequent over the years.

Interesting...

I was curious where the 317 area code was and googled the phone number. This is one of the results...

Most Recent Listings (All Categories)
5 Mar 2011 ... VARIEZE PROJECT • $3900 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Varieze Project 70% Complete, For more Info call Kevin Wooldridge @ 317-845-9112 (Great Deal) ...
www.barnstormers.com/ad_manager/listing.../ad_detail.php?... - Cached

It's neat. Has a lot of appeal as a good start for someone like me who's interested in putting in some kind of alternate engine for an aircraft like that. Hello twin-turbo 6G72... :)

Back