Runway incursion at KMIA

There's gotta be something more to it such as dementia? We'll hear more in time.

id like to hear more about that vehicle arresting device... and see it in action :)

id like to hear more about that vehicle arresting device... and see it in action :)

I bet it's like the things they have all over DC. The fuel farm at LGA is protected by one, too. It's just a giant wedge shaped barricade that sticks out of the ground and then is retracted into the street when someone wants to drive by.

"Runway 927".... LOL. Typed exactly what they heard in the briefing... "Runway Nine Two-Seven"

They had these at the entrance to the Delta compound at Ft. Bragg.

Big old mean MF'ers that could stop a semi...but retracted into the ground when vehicles need to pass.

Of course I would ask...what is to keep someone from driving through the fence at most commercial airports. Not where cars normally drive, but anywhere else?

I think you've touched on the irrationality of most security plans at public or other high value facilities.:yes:

Big old mean MF'ers that could stop a semi...but retracted into the ground when vehicles need to pass.

Of course I would ask...what is to keep someone from driving through the fence at most commercial airports. Not where cars normally drive, but anywhere else?

The fact that they don't want to scratch their paint as they barrel through the chain link? That's about it.

Hey, well, if they didn't spend the grant money they got to put it in, they wouldn't get the money again....

The problem with the hydraulic ramp systems:

Once they stop an attack, the entrance can be useless for days as the system is cut out and replaced. Makes sense for some situations but not all.

Back