Runway Environment

If you have PowerPoint you have the option of downloading the 2Mb file for offline viewing. The images are much larger in the downloaded version, making them even more dramatic.

So far the challenge for me is getting the page to load.

If you think Gaston's is a challenge, check out a few of these airport locations...

http://funbymail.no-ip.org/pps/Aeroport2006.pps

The only one of those I've personally flown in to is in slide 7 -- Aeroflex-Andover (12N), 1981' with lake at both ends. The last time I was there, I had a CFI friend in the Cherokee with me. I did a landing, then he did a pattern so I could get some pix.

Attachments

• 4751big.jpg
    4751big.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 4746big.jpg
    4746big.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 22
Nice pics, Bob!

The only one of those I've personally flown in to is in slide 7 -- Aeroflex-Andover (12N), 1981' with lake at both ends. The last time I was there, I had a CFI friend in the Cherokee with me. I did a landing, then he did a pattern so I could get some pix.

Thanks Bob! You now have given me an airport that I want to go to as soon as the weather gets a little warmer!!!
See ya there?

Thanks Bob! You now have given me an airport that I want to go to as soon as the weather gets a little warmer!!!
See ya there?

I'd be up for that. Trick is to bring a picnic lunch -- the airport is in the middle of a very large park -- I forget whether it's state or county, but there's picnic tables etc. There are some great hiking trails there as well.

I should mention that there is a grass strip parallel to the paved runway (on the south side) -- it's used by the local flight school for tail dragger instruction and I think you need permission from the airport to use it.

Back