Runway condition for Saturday

D

danhinch

Hi all,
Im headed to gastons tomorrow morning 6/13. Cant wait to get out of Iowa........ Could someone post a runway condition update after the weather passes today?
Thanks!

Hi all,
Im headed to gastons tomorrow morning 6/13. Cant wait to get out of Iowa........ Could someone post a runway condition update after the weather passes today?
Thanks!

Hey another Iowan!! I will be departing from Ames around noon on Saturday.

Will do. The paved runway at BPK or FLP are always options.

We just had a Cessna 140 land, post-storm; reported the arrival end of the runway in great condition, wet but not spongy at all. The departure end, on the other hand, "really sloppy".

COOL! Hopefully everything is nice and dry by tomorrow....... We are planning BPK as a back up. No way Im landing on a Flippin runway, with a Flippin VOR and all the Flippin traffic...LMAO

We're heading into BPK tomorrow; may have to check runway at Gaston's before diverting <g>. Prog charts look pretty busy tomorrow. Either rain or thunderstorms in the vicinity. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Best,

Dave

We're heading into BPK tomorrow; may have to check runway at Gaston's before diverting <g>. Prog charts look pretty busy tomorrow. Either rain or thunderstorms in the vicinity. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Best,

Dave

Can't wait to see ya (and the runway check)! Have a good trip!

Hey another Iowan!! I will be departing from Ames around noon on Saturday.
It looks like were are going to head out about 10am... We are going to try to get to Gastons about the same time as another Iowegian, Rick G (KDSM ATC). The problem is that he is flying down in his Vagabon and we are flying a Mooney. I guess I have time for a nap....lol

It looks like were are going to head out about 10am... We are going to try to get to Gastons about the same time as another Iowegian, Rick G (KDSM ATC). The problem is that he is flying down in his Vagabon and we are flying a Mooney. I guess I have time for a nap....lol

Ha! I was hoping to take the RV down, but it looks like we'll be slugging along in a 172 instead. We might be able to bump our departure up to 11am, but you'll still blow us out of the water. I'll keep an ear open on 122.75 for you guys - you can be my forward weather scouts. ;)

Back