For Sale RuggedAir RA900 headset - yours for shipping cost.

HouTxPilot82

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
HouTxPilot82
RuggedAir RA900 headset with dual plug - no charge. Just pay shipping, and donate to a good cause.

Many years ago as a student pilot, I purchased a RuggedAir RA900 headset off Amazon as my primary headset for flight training. After getting my PPL, this became my headset for my passengers, and I bought myself a QT Halo in-ear headset for my own use. A bit later I bought a uFlyMike setup to convert my QC-25s into cockpit-capable headset. I have been using one of those two as my own headset.

This RA900 was around $160+tax way back when and hasn't changed much in price from what i can see on Amazon. It's got about 100 hours or so of use. Clamps a bit tight on the head but overall sound quality is pretty good (obviously no ANC). I don't have a headset bag for this, and have always just stored it in bubble wrap/bag in my flight bag. As you can see from the pics the rubber casing/piping that covers the wire has cracked/frayed in 3 different spots but the damage seems to be that outside casing only with no damage to the cord inside. It still works fine (passenger used it on a flight just 2 weeks ago). I just bought a Bose aviation headset for myself so I have the QC-25 and the QT Halo I can give to my passengers, so this RA900 won't get much use and I want to give it to someone who has a need and can use it for their passengers. I'm in Houston and can meet up to give it to you or ship it to you if you send me a label - I'm only asking for you to cover shipping if not local, and I would like for you to make a small donation (25-50 bucks or whatever) to a good cause - my first scenic flight after my PPL was a flight around Maui and the news of the fires there last week was heartbreaking. If you can make a donation to an org helping out there, that would be great. No need to show me any proof of donation or anything.

Please DM me if you're interested.

Attachments

• RA900-1.jpg
    RA900-1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • RA900-2.jpg
    RA900-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Back