Rugby

ettsn

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ettsn
Any rugby fans around here? Excited for the Rugby World Cup coming up?

I follow Bath in the English Premiership, Pretoria Blue Bulls in SA and I'm a Springboks fan in World play.

Who do you follow?

I new some Rugby players when I was an undergrad. They always looked like they had just been in a fight.

I played Rugby in college. I'm a huge fan. I've even considered joining an "Old Boys" league if there were any near me.

I played in a few college games when I was in high school. My brother in law played at Texas A&M back in the mid 70s. There were not enough players to make a team, so it was worked out so I was able to play.

I was a high school football player and not used to the rules of rugby. I wanted to take out the guy with the ball. So the ball carrier tosses the ball to another player and I would still take the first guy out. I guess that is against the rules. But most of the opposing players started getting rid of the ball when I was 10 feet away. Plus I still hit everyone like I did in football.

Mind you I was 16 years old, still in high school and playing college rugby, and I am the one thrown out for being too rough. I never thought of rugby as a rough game since.

Oh well, even football isn't what it used to be.

I played first eleven in high school in New Zealand where I spent a year as an exchange student. Saw stars at least twice and had my shorts cleated off my butt once! Huge amounts of fun!

You gotta have leather balls to play rugby.

Couple of guys I work with are rugby players (or were, not sure if still are). The team name truly encompasses the aesthetic of these 40+ year old guys and the sport itself:

The Old Milwaukeeans

makes me smile every time I say it.

Any rugby fans around here? Excited for the Rugby World Cup coming up?

I follow Bath in the English Premiership, Pretoria Blue Bulls in SA and I'm a Springboks fan in World play.

Who do you follow?

I play rugby in Argentina till the day I moved to USA, my dad was a PUMA in his glory days. always watch World Cup :yes:

Can't believe England got bounced from the World Cup so early. Embarrassing! And would've liked to have seen the US fare better as well.

So come on you Springboks! :)

Back