Rubber boots for lycoming mags

heckovfl

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
heckovfl
Hi everyone,

i have a 1940's 435 lycoming and i need the rubber boots that fit on the end of spark plug wire in the mag... shaped like a stepped cone....i have searched all over .... where can i buy these.?
pls help..

i have a 1940's 435 lycoming
My condolences.
i need the rubber boots that fit on the end of spark plug wire in the mag... shaped like a stepped cone....i have searched all over .... where can i buy these.?
pls help..

I've never seen aviation ones that didn't come with the plug wires themselves. You might try an auto parts store (particularly the airboat crowd seems to get them from ones that cater to race car engines).

thankyou i will check that out...

those appear to mount on top of the cap, i am not sure but the one i am after go inside the mag hole for ea spark plug..it steps down at the end almost like a cone. i added a post earlier with a link to picture of them but it has to be approved first ... hopefully then you can see them....
ty for your help and response....

Last edited:
If the mags are Eisemann LA-4's there are a lot of people that restore tractors that have/make parts for them. There is also a guy that has a repair service for them that advertises in Trade-a-Plane.

Chris

Back