Round the World with Steve

Dave Langton

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
I see that Steve Fossett has departed this AM for a new distance record. I wish him nothing but tailwinds and the best of luck. Being the curious soul that I am, I looked him up in the FAA Airmens Database to see if he has something above a recreational certificate and came up empty handed. After Googling him, I see that he was born in California. Could he have a airmen's certificate in another country? Does he even HAVE a license to fly? Any thoughts on why he doesn't show up on the FAA site??:dunno:

Dave Langton said:
Any thoughts on why he doesn't show up on the FAA site??:dunno:

Maybe because he requested that his info be blocked from public view? I think anyone can do that if they want.

Is this him

FAA Registry
Name Inquiry Results

STEVEN WAYNE FOSSETT

Address

Address is not available

Medical
No Medical Available

CertIficates
None

If I understand correctly you cannot have your information removed from the public database. You can have your address removed, which makes it much harder to find you. But you are there.......I think.
Chris

Let'sgoflying! said:
what database are you guys accessing? I can never find myself.

Dave:

You may have bigger problems than any computer can address...

:goofy:

Let'sgoflying! said:
what database are you guys accessing? I can never find myself.

The Civil Aviation Registry: Airmen Inquiry. Note: You must enter your information into the first page before searching for an airman.

Another note: The information you enter in the first page can be bogus if you want.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/default.asp

Very helpful for looking up addresses of airmen and if/what ratings someone holds.

3rd note: Also very scary anyone can have access to this information at the stroke of a few keys and a few clicks.

Use wisely,
Jason

Cool, I found me! And uh... two other possible me's (3 if you didn't know how to spell my middle name) and uh 13 if if you didn't know my middle name. Sometimes the commoness of my name is a blessing sometimes a curse.

Missa
HEY! those people just took my table, um, well theres another Smith party of 4, 10 more people down the list. But I've been here 45 minutes and those people just walked in! Uh, ok you can have the next table.

Nope; 35 DTs in Tx and Im not one of them. My certificate does have a Tx address, and .....it is valid.
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

SCCutler said:
Dave:
You may have bigger problems than any computer can address...
:goofy:

Now, that is a well established fact! My medical says, "not valid unless wearing corrective lenses, not valid if head incompletely attached"!

Dave,
Try searching yourself by name and DOB but no geographic info. If you have your address supressed, and you put an address in the search it does not hit on you.
Chris

Thanks Chris you were right.
Too bad the info is wrong, maybe I gotta make some calls.

Missa said:
Sometimes the commoness of my name is a blessing sometimes a curse.
I think a common name would be a blessing but I'm looking at it from the other side of the fence. :rolleyes:

On the other hand I would miss out on those occasional letters from people way in the past who must have decided to do some internet searching that day.

There's only one of me in that database. Not surprising.

Back