Rosen visors

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
are they worth the upgrade?

I have them. It wasn't a matter of "upgrade" for me as I didn't have anything before. I do actually use the "look through them" feature from time to time. The articulation is handy as well. Support was good. I lost a couple of the screws out of them and they just dug into the parts box at Oshkosh and handed me the replacements.

I would say so ,great customer support. They also make sun screens.

For a tall person, me, they work really well. I can't use standard ones that you can't see in most airplanes. (Or cars for that matter.)

$400.00 bucks worth?

After you spend the money you'll be right up there with the rest of them telling everyone how they are soooo worth it. You'll also find yourself purposely flying a westerly heading in the afternoon even though that may not be where you want to go just to have an excuse to use them.

After that you can install vortex generators and tell everyone how you can't figure out how you got by for the past forty years without being able to fly 3 mph slower before stlalling.

And we haven't even begun to talk about what flap gap seals will do for ya...

STESTING.jpg

Last edited:
TAP Plastics for any shade of smoke acrylic you like, a little aluminum bracketry in the shop and bingo, $25 worth of "Rosen visors".

Salvage yard used?

are they worth the upgrade?

I just put some in my Cardinal. It's a hell of a lot of money for what you get... What you get is really a nice ad-on to the plane... And there just aren't a whole lot of other options. So my reply is, "Barely."

And by all means, as Tim suggests, get the third axis option too.

58 Bonanza factory visors worthless!! 3-Axis Rosen visors SUPURB especially on low wing! Pricey? Yes! But its a Beech, nothings cheap!

Yes, yes, yes. And get the third axis option.

Rosen owners, I don't have the 3rd Axis option. Does the entire unit have to come out in order to install the 3rd Axis?

I have a 172 and the holes where the screws go in were too large, so my mechanic used safety wire on the screw to give it something to bite into. and allow them to tighten up. Otherwise the visors would sag.

I don't want to have to go through that again and disturb it if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Greg

Sounds cheap compared to MoGas STC stickers.

Not as cheap as the shot you just took.

That statement is some thing I would expect from the AOPA forums. Why reduce this page to that level?

Put them in the Cherokee and couldn't be happier.

Rosen owners, I don't have the 3rd Axis option. Does the entire unit have to come out in order to install the 3rd Axis?

No, you can add it to an existing installation. At least I could on mine. Don't recall the cost.

I've had them in both my airplanes and couldn't be happier. Can't really put a price on being able to see where you're going.

Tom,

I have Rosen's in my 170. They are great. They came with the plane when I bought it. I probably would have fabricated something had it not come with them. But i'm extremely happy that it did.

No, you can add it to an existing installation. At least I could on mine. Don't recall the cost.

Thanks Tim. Now that's it's Monday I called their customer support and DAn confirmed what you told me. @ $70 online.

Greg

Holy cow, is it legal to use anything that cost less than ten bucks on an airplane? Those things look pretty handy.

And they don't require FAA approval :) sweet.

Holy cow, is it legal to use anything that cost less than ten bucks on an airplane?
Not those.

Now if that Ram mount was a suction cup instead of bolted on the, yes.

Oops, never mind, they are suction cup...I thought I read before that he bolted them on.

Last edited:
We got them installed with this annual. This morning was the first flight I had that actually put them to work, with the sun at around my 10 o'clock rising as I was heading southeast. Worked beautifully, really happy with them. The stock visors were worthless in the 310, as they are in many planes. If there was a way to easily put in bigger plexiglass on those visors, I would have, but even then I find that the adjustment system on the Rosens is much nicer than the stock ones ever were.

I would have paid the price they ask, but they were kind enough to donate them to the non-profit. :)

Rosen.......come in handy at times...value not so much!!

I bought a handful of tinted face shields at the local surplus store for $.50 each . Gave some to my friends and I use it in my Mooney. They can be moved wherever the sun is. We discussed a simple suction cup but mostly hold them in place with the window trim.
To answer your question of worth , not to me. After following the AOPA thread about them , hell no , not worth the hassel.:D

AOPA (and probably tons of auto places) gave out these "color form" shade dots that you can stick anywhere on the windows that you want that are held there by the air pressure. Still the arms on my Rosens would have been hard for me to replicate. The blades are (as pointed out) just plastic and I've replaced mine with such after I inadvertently (and my wife did to the other side) shut them in the Navion canopy.

Back