Roll to the left inverted in a half Cuban?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
When on the 45 and rolling to the upright, it feels to me like I'm rolling to the left. My husband on the ground says it looks like I'm rolling to the right? And my two-year-old grandson is talking to me on the radio saying "Grandma!!!! Good!!" while he is watching me from the ground :)

So much fun to be had, but I'm still perplexed about controls while inverted? :confused:

Excellent topic. I, too, have a lot of trouble visualizing what effect the control inputs have when inverted.

Diana said:
When on the 45 and rolling to the upright, it feels to me like I'm rolling to the left. My husband on the ground says it looks like I'm rolling to the right?

Diana,

If you're moving the stick to the left but Tom thinks you're rolling to the right then we need to get Tom off his feet for a while. :D

Chip

gibbons said:
Diana,

If you're moving the stick to the left but Tom thinks you're rolling to the right then we need to get Tom off his feet for a while. :D

Chip
Should I have him do that before, or after you fly with him? ;)

Well, we just had a long discussion involving a toy airplane demo, and we've decided it was because I was headed toward him when I was inverted and rolling to the left. Maybe it was the angle of his perspective?

That raises another question. From what angle do the judges observe during competition?

Back