RFQ: Throttle Assembly for Powered Paraglider

OtisAir

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
OtisAir
Hey Ya'll -

I'm currently taking powered paragliding lessons (http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37436) and have recently had an issue with a home-made throttle assembly; I was 1 minute into the flight when the engine quit (video included in link). Actually, its the kill switch that is giving me issues. This is on rental gear that I'm using until my motor arrives. I'll need to build a throttle assembly for mine and know that I have about enough skills to screw up the moving parts of a bowling ball and was hoping I could get some assistance by getting a quote from someone to build this for me.

Any mechanical savy folks want to give me a quote for a throttle, PTT, kill-switch, low fuel light, and electric start home made device for Powered Paragliders? Here is just an example of what they might look like, and the internet has a bunch more examples. I'd want the actual throttle (item "C" pictured below) a bit shorter so it just covered my pinky and 2nd finger, and perhaps a guard around the kill switch to avoid inadvertant shut downs.

fly5.jpg

Thanks for any assistance,

Back