revoked medical for FAA falsification

If you have any Federal security clearances, they might be revoked.

not listing a narcotic pain med, a benzo and an anti-depressant on the medical

I'm curious as well although I believe narcotic meds are more closely tracked than something like Celbrex or a Z-pack. Is it the failure to report or what was failed to be reported that they're moving against?

Did they catch the OP or is he or she worried they might?

and not listing the doctor visits that would give the diagnosis for the prescriptions written
first class medical was pulled completely, investigation is not over and the pilot license's not pulled. yet.

A. Get a lawyer.

B. Don't plan to get your 1st class back - ever.

Maybe 30 years ago, or if you knew someone who knew someone and could fudge the info a bit you could get a suspension but pretty sure no more. The FAA has decided it's about the 'attitude' displayed, and false reporting of those kind of things is what today's FAA absolutely wants to come down hard on. The big public scandal of 1st class med holders having fed disability claims was a wake up call. After Germanwings - well, the handwriting is on the wall for this stuff. Sorry.(not really)

The big public scandal of 1st class med holders having fed disability claims was a wake up call.

Not sure that federal disability and holding a 1st class medical is a scandal.

Do you know that OSA will get you federal disability and you can still hold a 1st class medical.

I know several folks operating with a 1st class and getting military disability; waivers. Different story with SSA disability though.

Last edited:
I know several folks operating with a 1st class and getting military disability; waivers. Different story with SSA disability though.

Probably. Point being that military disability is a type of federal disability.

Last edited:

And they falsified their aeromed app by leaving off schedule 1 pharmaceuticals?

"FAA has decided it's about the 'attitude' displayed, and false reporting of those kind of things is what today's FAA absolutely wants to come down hard on. "

Well, if so then I take it all back.

Interesting how everyone here cites with authority what the FAA position will be but no one cites any cases where action has been taken.
Any concrete evidence out there of what the FAA actually does and in what circumstances?
Stephen.

The ramifications will be whatever the FAA decides... Is appropriate. I would assume they determine that on a case by case basis depending on the severity of the falsification, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The baseline for falsification is revocation. Whether specific circumstances modify that is up to the agency, but a pilot charged with intentional falsification should expect nothing short of revocation. This is a perfect example of why reporting everything is important.

Interesting how everyone here cites with authority what the FAA position will be but no one cites any cases where action has been taken.
Any concrete evidence out there of what the FAA actually does and in what circumstances?
Stephen.

This was from 10 years ago:

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/...lties-for-medical-certification-falsification

Revocation of all certificates already was SOP back then. In view of recent events, there's no reason to believe it would be any less so today.

Rich

The case is still under investigation. The medical has been pulled, but not the pilot certs, yet. Falsifying on the medical for an anti-depressant, a benzo, and a pain narcotic. The pilot also, did not report the visits and diagnosis to obtain the prescriptions. This is current and has been for at least the last 8 years. I am not the pilot, or I would know more of what is going on. That is why I posted the question here.

The case is still under investigation. The medical has been pulled, but not the pilot certs, yet. Falsifying on the medical for an anti-depressant, a benzo, and a pain narcotic. The pilot also, did not report the visits and diagnosis to obtain the prescriptions. This is current and has been for at least the last 8 years. I am not the pilot, or I would know more of what is going on. That is why I posted the question here.

If it's been going on for eight years, I suspect that the airman in question needs to be looking into other lines of work.

Rich

Kinda doesnt matter that they did not pull the certificate as you can't fly without the medical anyways.

Yaeh tell the pilot to get a good lawyer but I'd have to say he's going to be calling it a day with flying planes ever again. But full disclosure - i'm not a lawyer..

Isn't there a rehabilitation program for pilots that suffer this sort of infraction to eventually get back in the air again?

Isn't there a rehabilitation program for pilots that suffer this sort of infraction to eventually get back in the air again?

The revocation period is a year, after which he or she can take the knowledge and skills tests again. However, bear in mind that there is a "good character" requirement for ATP, and 8 years of intentional falsification would make that harder to demonstrate.

Also, regarding the medical specifically, there remains the underlying condition(s) that necessitated the medications.

Rich

And they falsified their aeromed app by leaving off schedule 1 pharmaceuticals?

"FAA has decided it's about the 'attitude' displayed, and false reporting of those kind of things is what today's FAA absolutely wants to come down hard on. "

Well, if so then I take it all back.

No, but you made a blanket statement about fed disability claims and operating on a class 1. VA is fed disability and they operate on a class 1. Just clarifying that there's no "scandal" with that practice.

No, but you made a blanket statement about fed disability claims and operating on a class 1. VA is fed disability and they operate on a class 1. Just clarifying that there's no "scandal" with that practice.

V.A. or otherwise, it did create a scandal at the time. That's not to say it was deserved, mind you. But the media hyped it up and Oberstar whored it for all it was worth. That created a de facto scandal regardless of whether or not the facts justified one.

Rich

As others have said, the general policy on the revocation of pilot certificates is a one-year waiting period before the FAA will accept an application.

Medical can be a bit different. Without seeing the "revocation" document, I can't know for sure, but from the ones I have seen, the voiding of the medical may technically be for having a condition or using medication or drugs that disqualifies one for the certificate, not for the act of falsification. Same result but very different from a procedural and technical standpoint.

Also note, the first indication that the medical was pulled was on the airman database, so it was an "emergency" revocation (one that the FAA does immediately without notice), so not a minor issue.

Yes, one day it is a first class medical, the next day it says "no medical available"

Assuming http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/FAA_Order_2150_3B_W-Chg_9.pdf is accurate, I would recommend your friend seek retirement or non-flying employment. The only results I see are revocation of all certificates OR the ability to correct the medical and have a determination made. But even in that case, the correction will result in a denial of the medical. Either way, the pilot is done.

As I said before - they should be thankful that they've gotten way with more time in the air than they were due. And thankful that none of the below penalties involve fines or jail time.

Fig. B-4-b. Airman Medical Certificate Violations
(1) Intentionally false or fraudulent statement on an application for a medical certificate or on a request for any special issuance or SODA under 14 C.F.R. § 67.403(a)(1)
Civil Penalty: None
Certificate Action: Revocation of all airman and medical certificates

(2) Intentionally false or fraudulent entry in a record that is kept, made or used to show compliance under
14 C.F.R. § 67.403(a)(2)

(3) Reproduction of a medical certificate for fraudulent purpose under 14 C.F.R. § 67.403(a)(3)

(4) Alteration of medical certificate under
14 C.F.R. § 67.403(a)(4)

(5) Making an incorrect statement on a medical certificate application under 14 C.F.R. § 67.403(c)(1)
Certificate Action: Indefinite Suspension (pending correction of application and determination of qualification) or Revocation of medical certificate

Last edited:
Assuming http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/FAA_Order_2150_3B_W-Chg_9.pdf is accurate, I would recommend your friend seek retirement or non-flying employment. The only results I see are revocation of all certificates OR the ability to correct the medical and have a determination made. But even in that case, the correction will result in a denial of the medical. Either way, the pilot is done.

As I said before - they should be thankful that they've gotten way with more time in the air than they were due. And thankful that none of the below penalties involve fines or jail time.
None of the FARs provide for jail time. But there are federal criminal statutes that do if the matter is egregious enough for the FAA to refer it to the DOJ for prosecution. There have been a few of these.

It "sounds" like the medical was revoked because the FAA became aware of a disqualifying condition and the falsification is under investigation. When it is proven , and it will, THEN the certificates will be revoked. That's what I think anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back