Review of Rod Machado's Radar Imagery Explained

EminiTrader

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Emini Trader
I'm a big student of weather. I've spent countless hours with Scott D and many more hours on his website www.AvWxWorkshops.com. Very happy with the knowledge Scott has shared. But I'm always trying to learn more and more about flying, and weather - I'm sure we all are - it makes us better pilots.

Last night I received an email from Pilot Workshops about Rod M's new Radar Imagery Class. On sale for 30 bucks. I already subscribed to the monthly IFR scenarios and I'm happy with that so I figured why not.

I very much enjoyed the class and I learned quite a bit. This really just teaches you how to use and understand Nexrad and onboard radar. But it also taught a lot about the stress envelope, Vc, Va, and so on. Alot of this stuff I did not know.

Also a pretty good definition of Dbz and in cockpit radar as well as how ARTCC, And center have different types of radar and such.

For 30 bucks I'd say it was well worth it! So if you received the email and have been thinking about it - I say go for it.

I wish I had onboard wx radar but I don't :) XM and ADS-B

I have Rod's radar program and really like it. Very well done.

Back