Retro Nintendo Game Consoles

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
For all 80's computer gaming geeks out there... is there any market value for old Nintendo game consoles?? I have 2 original Nintendo game consoles (original 8-bit and Super Nintendo 16-bit) that still work perfectly and want to unload them on E-bay or Craigslist, but wondering what price to put on them. They each have a bunch of games with them (Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, and the Legend of Zelda) plus controllers and a variety of other game gear. I'm cleaning out my basement because I'm planning on turning the entire place into a huge new scrapbook space, but need to get rid of some clutter first. I'm considering asking $50.00 for each of the consoles plus $5.00 per game. Too much?? Not enough?? I did Google it and this is in line with a couple of different websites selling refurbished units like mine... except I'm the original owner of these and the games. From a non-smoking, pet-friendly home! :)

If you're looking for an idea of value, I would suggest going to eBay and searching for it ("nintendo NES console"?), then selecting "completed listings", and looking for auctions/sales that have actually completed. Ignore anything that isn't marked with a "sold", as you'll find lots of cases where a seller offered the item at too high a price and nobody bit. These don't tell you anything about worth.

Alternately, just put it up on eBay with a starting price of $.01 and let the bidders decide what it's worth. It feels like a leap of faith, but for items with widespread interest (i.e. not some rare oddity that only a few oddballs might be interested in) eBay is a pretty efficient "price finding" mechanism.
-harry

I would second what hm said, also if you have any of the original boxes for the games it will make them worth more.

Back