Restaurants around Aspen

MachFly

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MachFly
I'm going to be stopping in Aspen in the next few days and I'm looking for a place to eat there. Does anyone know a good restaurant that's not too far from the airport?
Nothing super cool where I'd need to wear a black suit, just something with good food to get after a flight.

Thanks

I'm going to be stopping in Aspen in the next few days and I'm looking for a place to eat there. Does anyone know a good restaurant that's not too far from the airport?
Nothing super cool where I'd need to wear a black suit, just something with good food to get after a flight.

Thanks

Everywhere. No suit required.

A suit? Aspen is a resort town, not NYC. :D

It's just that the last time when I asked for a good restaurant (somewhere in San Diego) a few people recommended the same one and no one told me it was a black suit restaurant, was a little weird. So this time I decided to specify that it's not what I want.

And in the summer, it is host to one of the word's great music festivals. What a great time I had there back in summers past. Lots of time to explore, too.

It's just that the last time when I asked for a good restaurant (somewhere in San Diego) a few people recommended the same one and no one told me it was a black suit restaurant, was a little weird. So this time I decided to specify that it's not what I want.

You have no worries. Enjoy! You'll love it.

You have no worries. Enjoy! You'll love it.

Oh yeah I'm sure I will. I did my mountain training there a few years back so I'm kinda familiar with the place, for some reason though I don't remember a single restaurant. :mad2:

Tell ya the truth, I normally eat at the cafe in Atlantic Aviation. They make pretty darn good food. Breakfast and lunch and the price isn't too bad considering it's Aspen.

There's a grocery complex across the street. After that go in town and it's whatever you want and no place requires a suit. Jeans and tee shirt are fine lunch attire anywhere.

When you said "not too far" did you mean within walking distance? There is (or used to be) a cafe across the main road but other than that I think all the restaurants require some wheels, either a car or the bus.

When you said "not too far" did you mean within walking distance? There is (or used to be) a cafe across the main road but other than that I think all the restaurants require some wheels, either a car or the bus.

About 10 min driving distance, they should have a crew car. I'm going to be a little limited on time.

I'm actually thinking about that cafe that Captain mentioned.

I'm actually thinking about that cafe that Captain mentioned.
The cafe in Atlantic is fine but you order from a window and the seating is just an extension of their coffee area. You definitely won't need a suit!

If you are looking for a really good sandwich or burger, I would recomend Jonny McGuires. It is a little hole in the wall place, but makes awesome sandwiches. Ask the line guys, they can give you directions. It is across the street from City Market.

Across from the airport is Blue Sky Cafe. Good food, good prices, but closed Fri, Sat, Sun. :dunno:

Heading into town, there are some awesome places. Greatful Deli is the best sandwich place, better than Johnny McGuire's I think, but I am warming up to them too. If your looking for a good burger, I would recommend Little Annies, they are a bit pricier, (think $12/burger and fries.) Ajax Tavern is good, but more of a ski hill restaurant. For some reason I hear a LOT about their fries. Boogies Diner is good too, used to have an awesome patty melt, but they are no longer on the menu. If your looking for a good burger AND an incredible view, I would recommend The Sundeck. It's at the summit of Aspen Mountain, it's a bit pricey, but you cant beat the view on the ride up, or while eating on the deck!

If your not looking for a burger, there are a few other options, Mezzaluna is good pizza and hippie food. There is always the Hickory House, excellent BBQ. Ribs are over rated, but the food is good! Rustique on N Monarch is awesome, but I'm not sure they do lunch. If you want pizza, try New York Pizza, they are top three in the valley for pizza. Bring cash though because they don't accept cards or checks. If you want the best Philly Cheese Steak in the valley, try Zane's Tavern, get the Philly and Tots. The best within 150 miles!

There are a ton of good places to eat here, the hardest part is deciding what you want for lunch! I work across the road from the airport, and am based out of GWS, and I live in Carbondale, so I can point people to the best food in the valley. I have eaten pretty much everywhere here. It's hard to be disappointed when it comes to food in our valley.

If you need directions, feel free to give me a call, (970) 987-2551.

-Cody

It has been years since I have been out there. There was a pizza shop on a strip. Had to walk up some stairs. They had large slices of pizza, and prices were great. Might not be there. I want to say there was a fur shop next door. Could be wrong. Maybe you could bring some pizza into the fur shop!

Thanks for the hello guys, looks like there is plenty of stuff.

I'm going to be short on time so I'm most likely end up going to someone that either at the airport of across the street.

It has been years since I have been out there. There was a pizza shop on a strip. Had to walk up some stairs. They had large slices of pizza, and prices were great. Might not be there. I want to say there was a fur shop next door. Could be wrong. Maybe you could bring some pizza into the fur shop!

New York Pizza

EDIT: Walked over to the cafe at the FBO for lunch today, good burger!. $9

New York Pizza

EDIT: Walked over to the cafe at the FBO for lunch today, good burger!. $9

Do not know if I will have the opportunity to head out to CO 2013, maybe 2014. I will be back to that pizza shop. Very simply named.

Back