Resources for finding partnerships in planes or finding partners for a new plane

FlyingMonkey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingMonkey
Finishing up my private pilot in the next month or two. I've been researching buying an airplane for the last month or so and was wondering if there are any resources for finding pilots interested in partnership airplane ownership?

It's not an absolute must to make it affordable for me but it would certainly help. I'm looking at Tigers, Cherokees, and Archers around 60k. In the Socal area and hope to base out of KVNY. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I find that www.ASO.com tends to have more listings for partnerships that the other plane for sale sites. Often, the local bulletin board at the airport can help. As you look at the general listings, look for a low price that is really low. Generally, that will be a partnership for sale.

There are two big schools of thought on starting up a partnership. One is that you get everybody together, figure out all the details, and then go plane shopping. The other is someone buys a plane, then goes out and finds the partners. There are plus and minuses to both.

AOPA can be a resource for setting a partnership up.

just remember, partnerships are about people, not airplanes. The airplane is largely irrelevant to success or failure.

just remember, partnerships are about people, not airplanes. The airplane is largely irrelevant to success or failure.

That sounds like good advice to me.

Back