Researching Company Certifications

kontiki

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Kontiki
I see how to go to the FAA's website and search airmen certifications. I believe there are numerous operating certificates and manufacturing certificates. How can I find out what certifications a company holds.

This is a curiosity question. I worked with a contract engineer who had been with Ericson's S-64 Skygranes Group. I don't know much about them, I think he told me Erickson bought the TC and held some kind of manufacturing certificate for them.

It's one of those things I just wanted to understand better, but I see no way to lookup what certificates any company holds and cannot find a complete listing of all the operating and manufacturing certificates possible.

I don't know if it's some sort of security by obscurity. I do think making it hard to see all possible business options in US aviation probably hampers innovation. Why would this be so hard to find out?

Last edited:
Generally you have to contact the company. They usually won't be shy because a lot of those certifications are difficult to get and they want potential customers to know. I'm primarily familiar with the AS9100 Certification.

I'm not sure of any database of these certifications.

Back