Rescheduled KHYS to KMKC

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi all,

Have rescheduled my IFR from Hays, KS. to Wheeler/Downtown, MO. for sometime this coming weekend.

I will be bringing my wife, the author of 5 books, and she will give away autographed copies to anyone who asks.

I plan on leaving Hays at 10:30 a.m. c.s.t. and should be at Wheeler around 12 noon. Will grab a bite and then return.

I am off Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and will pick a day the weather is good.

Will post as soon as I know the day. I will probably lean toward Saturday as more people should be off and available.

After becoming IR in 2007,(61 years old), I have flown IFR a total of 3 times. All in VFR conditions. (I have kept current under the hood.)

I decided it was time to work off the "rust" and get back into flying. Also, I would like to teach others, hence my CFI training in 2013.

As most of you know, I decided to earn my Commercial this year and plan on getting my CFI next year. ( 65 and starting on my commercial, what a country!)

Short of tornadoes, hail, and wind, I should be able to come this Saturday.

I would like to meet some fellow POA'ers and put a name with a face.

Terry :D

Yep, weather this weekend sucked and the winds are gusting 35+ today. Of course, you're probably used to that in HYS. Next weekend weather looks good. Hope you enjoy yourself in KC. If you haven't been here in a while, there's lots to do. By all means, use the self-serve fuel on the West ramp and check out the GA pilot lounge. Your gas receipt will have a code that gets you access. Have a great stay. By the way, age doesn't mean squat!

Well, I keep having road blocks thrown in my way.

Will have to reschedule again in the future.

Terry :mad:

Back