Request a recommendation near Johns Hopkins

Areeda

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Areeda
I have a student who is graduating from Caltech (PhD Aeronautical Engineering) and going to Hopkins for her post-doc.

She has plenty of time and skill but lack the confidence for solo. She needs only the solo cross countries and I think .1 hood work. I'm sure there's work to be done to get the maneuvers within specs but that won't take long.

What I've been unable to do is to get her out of the pattern. She might do it this week, and hopefully we can get her first solo cross country. While motivated, she's very cautious and a perfectionist.

All this detail because I'd like to get a recommendation for an appropriate school and instructor nearby. My searching has pointed me to Harford Air Services at 0W3 but judging a school by its website is iffy. BTW it will take some coaxing to get her to solo on a 2000' runway but 50¢ says the CFI will be ready to let her go before she is. She hasn't used 2000' of pavement in a while.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Joe

I have a student who is graduating from Caltech (PhD Aeronautical Engineering) and going to Hopkins for her post-doc.

She has plenty of time and skill but lack the confidence for solo. She needs only the solo cross countries and I think .1 hood work. I'm sure there's work to be done to get the maneuvers within specs but that won't take long.

What I've been unable to do is to get her out of the pattern. She might do it this week, and hopefully we can get her first solo cross country. While motivated, she's very cautious and a perfectionist.

All this detail because I'd like to get a recommendation for an appropriate school and instructor nearby. My searching has pointed me to Harford Air Services at 0W3 but judging a school by its website is iffy. BTW it will take some coaxing to get her to solo on a 2000' runway but 50¢ says the CFI will be ready to let her go before she is. She hasn't used 2000' of pavement in a while.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Joe

Send her over my way.

I am located not too far from Baltimore and I have a good success rate.

My site is: www.learntoflytoday.net

Our runway is a little longer than 4000ft.

Thank Ben,
I'll pass on the information.

I'm not sure if she will finish in Maryland or California. Her fiance is her so the plan is for a fair amount of time spent out here. She does want to fly regularly.

Joe

Ping Chuck H. (Greebo), too, for a possible recommendation. He's in Baltimore.

Back