Reportable head injury?

vontresc

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
vonSegelGoober
Ok so we get this out of the way first, I am ok but got two staples and a tetanus shot as a result off getting clocked in the head by a 5 gal beer keg.

Was helping to unload for the local beer fest, and was cutting shrink wrap on the bottom layer when a keg on the layer above tipped over. No loss of concours was or the like. Only a 1" cut on the topic my head.

I am due for a medical soon, and want to know any caveats I reporting this injury (resulted in an ER visit).

Also no headache or nausea(have had a concussion before) so I don't think I concussed myself.

For extra bonus points can someone find me the ICD-10 for this injury?

If no concussion was detected or suspected by the Dr., under reason for visit, I would think cut on head would suffice. No need to volunteer too much information by stating how the cut happened.

And more importantly, was any beer spilled...???

If no concussion was detected or suspected by the Dr., under reason for visit, I would think cut on head would suffice. No need to volunteer too much information by stating how the cut happened.

And more importantly, was any beer spilled...???
Exactly. Trip to ER for stitches.

I'd make sure the discharge notes actually say no LOC and your not being followed for any other problems that come from getting a knock on the noggin. Having that should help in a big way to keep any buzzers and flashing lights from going off at CAMI.

Busted my head a couple times. I just put the ER visit on the form and "stitches" in remarks. Explained to the AME when he asked, he yawned and moved on.

Busted my head a couple times. I just put the ER visit on the form and "stitches" in remarks. Explained to the AME when he asked, he yawned and moved on.

That.

4f4b7b8cce3a920b9263179cb28d7c822cdfaa49e6bcaa2fe215a34a2fc727c8.jpg

Beer was in the first sentence of the OP so any comments pertaining to said beverage is germane to the conversation.

And it was a Michigan beer that got me. At least it was Bells which is pretty good. Still waiting to hear if anyone noted what Bells beer was in that keg :)

Oh and no beer was spilled in the process.

And it was a Michigan beer that got me. At least it was Bells which is pretty good. Still waiting to hear if anyone noted what Bells beer was in that keg :)

Oh and no beer was spilled in the process.

Thank goodness..... I have lost sleep worrying about that.....:cheers: :happydance:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back