"Report Bad Post"...?

n741dm

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don McGilvray
While working my way through the new site, trying to get at least marginally competent, I noticed that many (most) of the posters have a little red triangular icon in the area of their personal info... When hovered-over with the mouse, it says something such as shown in the above thread title.

I note that my personal info does not display the same thing... is it because I'm viewing my own information? Do others on the board see the little triangle below my name when you are viewing posts made by me?

Just wondering...

Edit: Hmmm, probably should have posted this in "Tech Support" rather than here in "Site Feedback", but don't see easy way to move it to appropriate forum... So much to learn, so little time!

Last edited:
n741dm said:
I note that my personal info does not display the same thing... is it because I'm viewing my own information? Do others on the board see the little triangle below my name when you are viewing posts made by me?

Just wondering...

I think that's the "self esteem" feature :p Why would you want to tell yourself you're bad (though I think Greebo tried to do same in one of his posts...)

:) :) :)

Boy, Bill - You're fast on the reply today!!! Hardly had hit the Submit button...

Last edited:
The red triangle
report.gif
is used to report bad posts to the administrators to bring our attention to them quickly. You don't get an icon like that beside your own posts...because why would you report yourself. If you make a bad post, and feel compelled to report it, just delete it instead. :)

The scales are used to add/remove reputation, Bill. :)

(And I'll STILL get me for that, I will!)
:dance:

Brian Austin said:
It worked, Greg. :D

OK!!! :dance: I promise, no more tests.....

"The following is a short count test of the 1MC from the bridge...
'One, two, three, three, two, one'
Test out"

from the old days has morphed into

"Can you hear me now?"

Greebo said:
The red triangle
report.gif
is used to report bad posts to the administrators to bring our attention to them quickly.

The scales are used to add/remove reputation, Bill. :)

Chuck: Thanks for the quick response, thought that was probably the case. Also thanks for identifying the other icon as scales... I was wondering what that was!

Now I just have to figure out how to use the reply with quote feature.

Edit: Just previewed my reply, and all seems to be working as planned... :cool:

Re-Edit: Just posted my above edit after deleting a few lines of Chuck's answer, and apparently accidently deleted an end of field marker, as his quote no longer displays in the nice blue "Quote Box" Sigh... (apologies to Bruce C.)

Last edited:
Back