Replace Cheroee Insturment Lights

itsjames2011

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
James
Replace Cherokee Insturment Light Bulb

Hey everyone,

I have a 1965 Cherokee 140 and the main light bulb for the panel lights is up in the ceiling just behind the trim crank. Is there any way to get at the bulb or do I need to take the entire plate down off the ceiling?

James

Last edited:
Removed the screws and was easily able to reach in and change the bulb. Now to my demise when I adjust the trim, the crank seems to jam up and there is a weird noise in the empanage when this happens. Nothing is in the way of the control cables up there and I am baffled as to what the issue could be. Looks like I'm going to have to fly an A&P in since there is not one at my field ><

James

Is the trim pointer still on the outside of the console through the little slot or did it get caught up on the inside of the console. My console was replaced during my interior refurbishment last annual. The upholstry guy put my console over the pointer without threading the pointer through the slot. After running the pointer through the slot everything was fine after that.

Is the trim pointer still on the outside of the console through the little slot or did it get caught up on the inside of the console. My console was replaced during my interior refurbishment last annual. The upholstry guy put my console over the pointer without threading the pointer through the slot. After running the pointer through the slot everything was fine after that.

I'm heading back to my hangar in about an hour. Perhaps it's something simple like that. Will keep you posted. :D

So when I turn the handle the pulley above does not want to spin and it seems as if there's a bit of slack in the cables.
Here is a pic:
t6eal0.jpg

So when I turn the handle the pulley above does not want to spin and it seems as if there's a bit of slack in the cables.
Here is a pic:
t6eal0.jpg

Don't know about your trim issue but whoever did that coax connector should be shot. :mad2:

Don't know about your trim issue but whoever did that coax connector should be shot. :mad2:

I just finished replacing the BNC connector. I am a radio guy in the real world and I was a very unhappy individual when I saw that.

So it turns out that while I was cranking the trim to full aft which is required to be able to get the trim indicator out of the overhead panel, i somehow pulled one of the turnbuckles through one of the trim pulley's above the headliner. New parts should arrive tomorrow :D

Back