Rentals in South Fl?

dwalt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DWalt
I'm headed down to see my folks this weekend and we may want to go down to the keys or maybe just do some sightseeing.

Anyone know any good places for rentals? They live 15min from PBI, but doesn't necessarily have to be at PBI. Would like a 172 or Cherokee.

I know I'll need a checkout with one of their CFI's, so someone who's not going to gauge me for flight time would be a plus :).

Lantana has Palm Beach Flight Training. I did a 10 day rental with them in a 172 a few years ago. The airplane was in good shape. They came across pretty gruff but in the end they were reasonable on the major points. I'd probably expect about 3 hours of clock time to check out between paperwork tests and flight.

I used Palm Beach Flight Training back in 2007 for a 5 week rental. Good aircraft, decent prices, and nice people. The checkout took an hour.

I'm headed down to see my folks this weekend and we may want to go down to the keys or maybe just do some sightseeing.

Anyone know any good places for rentals? They live 15min from PBI, but doesn't necessarily have to be at PBI. Would like a 172 or Cherokee.

I know I'll need a checkout with one of their CFI's, so someone who's not going to gauge me for flight time would be a plus :).

I suppose you mean gouge.

I use Sunquest Aviation for Aircraft rental from F45 which is a few miles N of KPBI. The price they have listed for the 172 is $140 which I took for my cross country flights. It's not the best price* to compete with other flight schools but for the experience, I would go with sunquest over PBFT any day.

However PBFT is the best bet for a flight school closer to KPBI. PBFT is located just south of KPBI, at KLNA. There website is http://www.pbflight.com/index.php

Sunquest also has an Archer 2, Archer 3, and a Diamond DA40XLS that I took this past week on my trip to the keys.

Hope everything works out!
Cheers

If you care to fly a tailwheel at all there is also Shine Aviation at LNA. Its dual only, but its a nice citabria with chutes available.

http://www.shine-aviation.com/

2ilo75h.jpg

Back