Rental choices near Ft. Collins, Colorado?

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
I am planning to visit my God daughter who lives in Ft. Collins. I had thought I'd fly the decathlon but now that I'm flying it to Tennessee for the LLT fly in I think I'll just go on southwest and save money.

I'd like to take her up for a short flight... Where would be an OK place (read:good maintenance, decent prices, easy check out) to rent a plane in the area? Doesn't have to be FtC as we will be driving around looking at places and could just make a day trip of it.

The last time I was in Colo. Was when I was 12.... Don't know anything about the area except what I read

Too far north for me to know for sure, but KGXY has historically been cheaper than KFNL. A ton of cross-over between CFIs up there. Most teach at both airports.

Also has always been pretty cheap at KEIK. Might also see what the FBO at KLMO has going on. Depending on how far you want to drive.

All up north there are cheaper than everything at KBJC or KAPA usually, unless you count private clubs which typically have a buy-in and aren't going to work for a short-term rental.

Specialty Flight is now at FNL. I flew with them a number of years ago when they were at Erie and had good experiences with them.

Is this an excuse for a CO/TX POA lunch? Weather permitting, Salida? Jeanne & god-daughter could come along with any one of us for a variety of airplanes!

POA lunch is a good idea. Plenty of empty seats so no need for a rental unless Jeanie just wanted to do it that way. Swinging by FNL before lunch destination isn't that big a deal and it's definitely better than driving 'round Colorado (well, most of the time anyway).

whooo-hooo, all sounds good.. dont know when I'll be there but when it gets close to time I'll re-up this thread

Back