Rent near San Bernardino Riverside?

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
I live near Lake arrowhead and big Bear Lake and would like to know what the closest quality FBO is. I have my pilots license and just want to rent from time to time. I love Cable airport but it's too far. Rialto doesn't seem to have much there. Am I missing any good places to go?

I don't live in the area anymore, but have you checked Redlands, Flabob, or Riverside. All have either flying clubs or other rentals listed in AOPA Airports.

Fly corona, ask for whomever Sohail has running the place. Mike has been out for a year. And Kevin, who took over, just sold to Sohail.

Fly corona, ask for whomever Sohail has running the place. Mike has been out for a year. And Kevin, who took over, just sold to Sohail.

I had no idea Mike was out. Did he sell it?

Bob I live at Lake Arrowhead. I'm a member of Westwind Flying Club at Redlands Airport. Our club has a 152, an Archer and two 172s. Very reasonable rates with 24 hr online reservations and online payment - very convenient. They will issue you keys and you never have to deal with business hours trying to get a key or check reservations or even have to talk to anybody at all. The rates are for dry rental and you will always start with full fuel and everybody tops it off when they come back. You can fly the 152 for $50 per hr (plus fuel) so an hour will run you about $86. The Piper (PA28-181) is $69 HR dry and 172 is $65 and $69. I can routinely fly the Archer for about $105 per hr including fuel. The club is basically a rental situation - no buy in so it's pretty inexpensive to join. I almost never have a problem with getting the plane I want. You will just need to be checked out by one of the CFIs that are listed on the website and you're ready to go. I've been checked out in every plane so I can fly any one I want to depending on whether I am just doing some local practice or a cross country. Check out their website to see if it's for you.

Back