Reno Air Races - September 16-19

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
The Reno Air Races are September 16-19, at least that's what I have on my calendar. I've got a certain amount of interest in going, but if I'm going I want to fly out, and if I fly out I want to have enough people to split fuel costs to make it reasonable, as it's a long trip. So, I'm just putting some feelers out to see if anyone else is interested in a ride share out there in the Aztec.

The Reno Air Races are September 16-19, at least that's what I have on my calendar. I've got a certain amount of interest in going, but if I'm going I want to fly out, and if I fly out I want to have enough people to split fuel costs to make it reasonable, as it's a long trip. So, I'm just putting some feelers out to see if anyone else is interested in a ride share out there in the Aztec.

You are right on the dates, and this year will be extra special--the Blue Angels are returning for the first time since 2000!

I was there last year. Can't make it this year, but I hope you get folks to take you up on this--if you've never been, it's one of those "must do" items!

That was kinda why I wanted to go, but the real question is if we can get enough people together to make the trip worthwhile. It's really not fitting to go to an event like that by commercial when I have a perfectly good Aztec. :)

Hmmm... Leslie and I were talking about doing that a couple years back. Not sure how the dates work for us, though.

I was figuring this would be a trip where it would be good to have 5-6 people in the Aztec. If you two wanted to come we'd be halfway there. :)

Here's some helmet cam action and interview audio from one of the pilots in this year's race:

Back