Reno 2006

SkykingC310

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Adam
I know I'm jumping the gun here, but does anyone attend the Reno Air Races regularly? I'm gonna plan on going this year. I've gone in years past, but it has been quite a while since I made it out there. There's been a lot of new stuff added including, I think, more classes. I'm looking forward to seeing the Lancair's race around. I'm a bit biased. Hope to see ya! September 13-17.

I would like to go this year. Thanks for reminding me.

Sad but true, I have never made it to Reno. Almost doesn't count. I'm always game to go. Hopefully, life doesn't get in the way this year. We could live in Michael's motorhome.

I'll probably head up again this year. We'll be hanging out under the AirGuard's F-16s and A-10s. If you fly into RNO, watch out for the crosswinds, two crashed in one day up there.

AirBaker said:
I'll probably head up again this year. We'll be hanging out under the AirGuard's F-16s and A-10s. If you fly into RNO, watch out for the crosswinds, two crashed in one day up there.
Chris, it just wouldn't be Reno if there weren't any crashes.

Richard said:
Chris, it just wouldn't be Reno if there weren't any crashes.

I didn't see any at 4SD, but there was a saratoga and something else that had a bad day. The saratoga got too slow on base with the gusty crosswinds. Nose gear, prop, and engine were all toast.

I'm thinking I'll get there Wednesday, be there all day Thursday and head back on Friday. I've gotta work. Tickets are less earlier in the event anyway and the T-Birds start on Thursday. Should be a lot of fun.

Back