Remove seats on Cessna 150M

radioguy01

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
radioguy01
Hi all,

I have a 1976 Cessna 150M. The seats seem to be "frozen" in position, where I can't pull the single knob in the front to move them back and forth. I'd like to pull the seats out and clean up the hardware to make it work again, and reupholster the seats.

Does anyone know to actually remove the seats? It wasn't as obvious as I thought it was going to be.

Thanks in advance,

Hi all,

I have a 1976 Cessna 150M. The seats seem to be "frozen" in position, where I can't pull the single knob in the front to move them back and forth. I'd like to pull the seats out and clean up the hardware to make it work again, and reupholster the seats.

Does anyone know to actually remove the seats? It wasn't as obvious as I thought it was going to be.

Thanks in advance,

Check the section of the POH which describes how to adjust the seats. The knob adjusts the seat back. The lever on the inboard side allows you to slide it back and forth.

There's an AD on that, an annual/100 hour thing that's been around since 1987. Someone isn't doing the work if those seats are seized in there.

Dan

There's an AD on that, an annual/100 hour thing that's been around since 1987. Someone isn't doing the work if those seats are seized in there.

Dan

Agreed.....

Seats have to come out on EVERY annual....:yes:

Check the section of the POH which describes how to adjust the seats. The knob adjusts the seat back. The lever on the inboard side allows you to slide it back and forth.

You know, I've probably been looking in the wrong place for fore-aft adjustment lever. I've been looking under the front part of the seat, like it is in the 172. The POH (which I just looked through now) and your post suggest the lever is in the "inboard corner", so if the lever is on the interior side,then I probably missed it.

That being said, to actually remove the seats, would you just slide them all the way forward?

That being said, to actually remove the seats, would you just slide them all the way forward?

There are supposed to be seat stops on the rails to prevent the seats coming off them. Look underneath both the front and rear of the seats. There will be some screws holding stop blocks on the rails. Very much fun to get at those screws.

It's been some years since I messed with a 150, but I think the seat's aft housings can't come off the aft end; the whole thing slides off the front. DON'T twist or rotate the seat as you do this; you can bend or break those roller housings and they are expen$ive big time.

Dan

And consider giving Shelby at TNWings a call since you mentioned reupholstering your seats. He has done a number of interiors and seats for members of the Cessna150152.com club.

He is meticulous, and not inexpensive. Here's a link to a friend's seats he did: http://www.tnwings.com/N24296.html

Hi Radioguy.

I was looking at that on the C-150/152 Club website recently. There are stops like Dan said. Some of the stops are (as I recall) between the front and rear rollers and some on one end or the other. Once you have those out of the way, the seat I believe goes forward to get the front rollers off the track and then you slide it back to get the rear ones off. Check out the C-150/152 Club site, though, as I could be remembering this totally wrong. If you are not already a member, you need to join. Well worth the cost if you own a C-150/152.

And consider giving Shelby at TNWings a call since you mentioned reupholstering your seats. He has done a number of interiors and seats for members of the Cessna150152.com club.

He is meticulous, and not inexpensive. Here's a link to a friend's seats he did: http://www.tnwings.com/N24296.html

Wow they look nice. The stock 150 seats are painful without a seat pad after an hour or so.

Hi Radioguy.

I was looking at that on the C-150/152 Club website recently. There are stops like Dan said. Some of the stops are (as I recall) between the front and rear rollers and some on one end or the other. Once you have those out of the way, the seat I believe goes forward to get the front rollers off the track and then you slide it back to get the rear ones off. Check out the C-150/152 Club site, though, as I could be remembering this totally wrong. If you are not already a member, you need to join. Well worth the cost if you own a C-150/152.

Is the 150/152 club active? I've browsed the free forums. Doesn't seem like a lot of discussion. Are there more forums visible when you join?

The 150-152 Club forums are VERY active. I am on just about every day, and there are a lot of regular posters.

The 150-152 Club forums are VERY active. I am on just about every day, and there are a lot of regular posters.

I couldn't agree more. Great group of people and a wealth of knowledge. I log in daily over there.

Jim

Wow they look nice. The stock 150 seats are painful without a seat pad after an hour or so.

The Cessna 150 is painful after an hour or so. That's how long it takes to climb to cruising altitude.

Dan

The Cessna 150 is painful after an hour or so. That's how long it takes to climb to cruising altitude.

Dan

With cool weather I can climb to 4500-5500 pretty quick. Summer, different story! Fun plane to have and very economical! Couldn't imagine using it with high elevation airports.

Back