Remos vs c150/152

RalphInCA

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RalphInCA
I trying to decide what airplane I want to get checked out in next.

Currently flying a 172. Considering a Remos G3 (steam gauge) or a 150 or 152.

All are the same rental rate and seem to be in comparible condition.

Goal is to save a little money during local flights.

Thoughts?

I've got about two hours in a Remos a couple of years ago, so I can't speak to the plane too too well, though I'd suggest it anyway over the 150/152. It's a newer plane, it'll be more fun to fly based on my experience, it'll be faster and climb better. So I'm not sure why you'd go Cessna, unless availability is a lot better.

Go Remos. Something new and cool. The 152 is just a 172 that came out of the printer at a smaller setting. You will get far more novelty value out of the Remos and will always be able to find 152 in the future.

I would say go with the 150/152, but then I am a little biased. I have owned a 150 for the past 8 or 9 years.

If you want to do cross-countries, G3 is going to carry way more than 150, and even more than 152. It can make a difference between making a trip and not making it. That said, if you have access to 172 and a 3rd class, it's a better cross-country airplane if money is no object.

The remos is a fun airplane,faster than the 150, not as much baggage room in back. Overall moe comfortable cockpit,great rate of climb. Try one out you'll like it.

Looks Remos it will be!

That airplane doesn't get nearly as much use as the 150 or 152 so scheduling will be much easier. Sometimes that poor little thing doesn't fly for a day or two.

My dad has a Remos GX and I really like to fly it when I'm down in CA. 3 times the climb rate of a 152, 20+mph faster and very light and responsive on the controls. Also has a 500lb payload with full fuel. When the RV 12 starts showing up at flight schools that's another one that is a blast to fly. Don

Back