redbull air race replay today?

mmilano

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mike Milano
late last night i saw redbull air race advertised for 12/24 at 3est. i was looking for it in the guide, but i don't see it. i'm in pst, so i looked at 12pm and i see a sports event on nbc, but it has no specifics.

the redbull air race site doesn't show any events for today, so i'm assuming it's a reply of the last one.

can anyone verify if it is on nbc today? i want to record it.

mmilano said:
late last night i saw redbull air race advertised for 12/24 at 3est. i was looking for it in the guide, but i don't see it. i'm in pst, so i looked at 12pm and i see a sports event on nbc, but it has no specifics.

the redbull air race site doesn't show any events for today, so i'm assuming it's a reply of the last one.

can anyone verify if it is on nbc today? i want to record it.

Directly from AOPA Member Page:
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL]TV show to feature Red Bull Air Race[/FONT]

The Red Bull Air Race World Series will be the subject of an NBC TV show on Christmas Eve. Shot in San Francisco earlier this year, NBC's Jeep World of Adventure Sports will cover all the high-speed action by aerobatic pilots flying around a three-dimensional racecourse. NASCAR racing legend Rusty Wallace will provide commentary. The show is scheduled to air at 3 p.m. Eastern on Saturday, December 24.
(December 23)

Weird. They actually put an airplane race on rabbit ears instead of cable/satellite/whatever.

It was interesting seeing the IROC guy hosting the show being so concerned with speed through the start gate. Faster is good but it doesn't necessarily mean you can turn tighter and get through the course quicker...

It's the first time in years that I've changed my schedule to watch something on television. I shouldn't have bothered. Why would they put a NASCAR guy doing the commentary? Wallace: "He really blowed his doors off."

Good grief.

gibbons said:
It's the first time in years that I've changed my schedule to watch something on television. I shouldn't have bothered. Why would they put a NASCAR guy doing the commentary? Wallace: "He really blowed his doors off."

Good grief.

It was much better when it was live and streamed on the internet...but then again, I put many things out of the way to watch/do things on the internet. :redface:

Next year, I'll post a few weeks in advance the times of the online, live, streamed broadcast.

Jason

gibbons said:

Good grief.

Well, look at it from a TV programmer's perspective. It is a race and a NASCAR commentator is a race announcer.

See, you too could program a TV network. :D

Back