Red Dragon heater

What happened to SureFire?

I always had one of their toolbox heaters on my wish list. I Googled for them and looks like they're out of business.

That's a good deal if what he says is true -- only used twice. Of even if it just works. They cost considerably more than $150 new. I have one and it works great.

That's a good deal if what he says is true -- only used twice. Of even if it just works. They cost considerably more than $150 new. I have one and it works great.

List price is $538 from the maker. Aircraft Spruce has it at $319.95.

Watch it go for $350. :dunno:

Last edited:
List price is $538 from the maker. Aircraft Spruce has it at $328.

Watch it go for $350. :dunno:

Yeah...EBAY is funny that way. I have seen a TON of people pay over MSRP on EBAY, crazy I tell ya, crazy!

They are also very easy to work on. they have an adjustable regulator (to vary the heat output) an orifice (the used one I bought was not working and all it needed was to have the orifice cleaned) a pizioelectric ignition (like a BBQ grill) and a 12 v blower.

It wouldn't surprise me to see it sell for something pretty close to the price of new product. When I was first looking for my own aviation handheld and later selling them, I became amazed at the number of people who would continue to bid up to dang near the price of a new radio. I don't know if they were hung up on that particular item or it was ego and determination not to be outbid. Common sense goes out the window!

Also Ken, lets not forget that oft times someone will get a friend to "bid up" an item to get the maximum price. Against the rules? Yes. Is it done? Yes.

Back